2020 Test Drive - help with the ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VelociRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is a truck, not a Cadillac. So yeah, there is some truckiness that comes with it and the ride.

But as far as everythig else goes. My family prefers my Raptor on long trips over my wifes 18 Explore-Sport.

The ride is a non issue.

only Cadillac i owned was a CTS-V and that thing is seriously uncomfortable, Raptor wins by far, drove it to New Orleans, 7 hours, only stopped for gas (twice) and food, no stretching needed.

MEATSWORD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
only Cadillac i owned was a CTS-V and that thing is seriously uncomfortable, Raptor wins by far, drove it to New Orleans, 7 hours, only stopped for gas (twice) and food, no stretching needed.
Little bit of a difference between a V and a raptor lol.

I've driven both and thought they were both comfortable but the raptor wins in the soft ride category.

TheCzar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a drop in liner on my first f150 and everything slid around. Got the spray in on the raptor and unless I'm really on it, stuff just stays put. Get the tailgate step. I didn't, and I'm wishing I would have...I'm not getting any younger and my dad fell off the tailgate trying to get in the bed the one and only time he tried

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Need a new wife. Or buy a Wam w/ air ride (the air ride ones w/ 22”s are Wams not Rams FYI)

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When buying your truck, you can probably get most dealers to throw in a spray in Linex to close the deal. It’s only 500 bucks, but turns out to be a nice bonus and you get something you want.

OP
OP
T

TunaSmell

Reaction score
The tailgate step is worthless, until you need to get in the bed, then it’s priceless and ohhh do with it.
Spray in bed liner stops one from slipping and sliding. Wouldn’t buy without these and yeah aftermarket but not the same with no warranty

warranty ...thats what I like about getting what I can from Ford :happy107:

Timekeeper

Reaction score
Hey Scott...you probably saw my message. This is the truck that I'm considering buying. Drove it today for a couple of hours and loved it. Drove fine to me. No issues. Yes, it is missing the tailgate step. I really have to decide if that is a dealbreaker or not. Tough decision.