2020 Sync 3 Update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

REMIX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have read the thread thru and thru.
Have been a part of it from the get go.
My question is more specific than most of the comparisons with in this thread.
A lot of these guys have come from ver 3.0 or an earlier version of 3.3

I did the 3.4 update on my truck a couple of weeks ago but I came from an earlier build of 3.3 and not the latest build of 3.3.
I noticed that I now have album art when playing Satellite Radio. But Im wondering if I would have seen this change by simply updating via the Ford Website to the 19052 build of 3.3.

So K223, what version did you update to 3.4 from? Was it from ver 3.3 build 19052 ?????
WHAT CHANGES DID YOU NOTICE?
Not what you read from the thread from others.

Pretty sure I have the latest and greatest build of 3.3 and no XM album art.

They keep touting the ability to use Waze, except I have to turn off CarPlay and plug in my phone anyway. What's the point of that? Getting to see the outside temp using CP is a real annoyance for me, should be in the cluster. I dunno, first world problem.

Refugio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure I have the latest and greatest build of 3.3 and no XM album art.

They keep touting the ability to use Waze, except I have to turn off CarPlay and plug in my phone anyway. What's the point of that? Getting to see the outside temp using CP is a real annoyance for me, should be in the cluster. I dunno, first world problem.
K
Thanks

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
v3.4 is visually a little more modern, but I don’t think it is any more or lest fast, zippy, responsive, or anything significantly performing better. I do have newer, more accurate maps from 2018 now, which definitely is better. But any performance gain reported is --almost certainly-- due to the reformat utility run for pre 3.2 upgrades.
And, it’s most likely confirmation bias.

Latest 3.4 does have the nifty, early 2000’s era auto adjusting DST now, squarely bringing Sync out of the 20th century ! :-D

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have read the thread thru and thru.
Have been a part of it from the get go.
My question is more specific than most of the comparisons with in this thread.
A lot of these guys have come from ver 3.0 or an earlier version of 3.3

I did the 3.4 update on my truck a couple of weeks ago but I came from an earlier build of 3.3 and not the latest build of 3.3.
I noticed that I now have album art when playing Satellite Radio. But Im wondering if I would have seen this change by simply updating via the Ford Website to the 19052 build of 3.3.

So K223, what version did you update to 3.4 from? Was it from ver 3.3 build 19052 ?????
WHAT CHANGES DID YOU NOTICE?
Not what you read from the thread from others.

Im still on v3.3 19052 as what came in my ‘19. I can upgrade to 3.4 manually as a lot are doing but it doesn’t show as a downloadable upgrade on the ford owner site. I’m also hoping or wishing for that matter it becomes available OTA for download right in the truck. The techy in me wants to give it a chance to come that way and then I can say I updated OTA.

While the interface looks more modern and at least one person said after they applied 3.4, they can know use there mobile apps via BT. Now I’m not sure which apps they are referring too. But I have to plug in the cable to do this. So in that case I might as well just use CarPlay. I would welcome a wireless solution that allows me to use mobile apps wirelessly directly to sync. Is this working for anyone?

So I can wait out an official update for a bit, since 3.4 gives something new, but not a whole lot it sounds like.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I also think Apple should allow manufacturers better integration with there native infotainment system. Or you should be able to customize features of CarPlay.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Am I the only idiot who cannot get any of these files to load? I plug the usb in and nothing happens, I cannot get the reformat utility to run.
Apparently so.

If reformat isn’t working either you need to dress and correctly format the usb or get a new usb.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I also think Apple should allow manufacturers better integration with there native infotainment system. Or you should be able to customize features of CarPlay.
It’s not Apple it’s ford.

I had a ‘17 VW golf R and the integration was seemless.
I could plug in my phone and receive text message alerts and use Siri commands by holding down the “speak” button on the steering wheel. One press would activate the VW commands. I could use the factory nav maps and everything. It was one harmonious system.

Ford chose to have to separate softwares that don’t talk to each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk