2020 Sync 3 Update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clark98ut

Reaction score
I've had some minor problems with mine since updating to 3.4. Most recent one was I couldn't change the volume on the radio. Turning the knob or using the steering wheel controls would only change the alert volume or whatever the term is. I rebooted while driving...same issue. Shut off and restarted and it's fine again.

rayofsi

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
did the 3.4 update on my 2018 as per f150forum downloads. worked flawlessly. no issues that i can speak of. Much better interface.

traxem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did the 3.4 update on my 2018 as per f150forum downloads. worked flawlessly. no issues that i can speak of. Much better interface.

I did the update on my 2018 without the APIM firmware update. I just noticed that my “doo-doo-doo” sound doesn’t come out of the stereo speakers anymore. It’s now coming out of the backup mini-speaker in the console. Anyone noticed this?

Small Town Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the update on my 2018 without the APIM firmware update. I just noticed that my “doo-doo-doo” sound doesn’t come out of the stereo speakers anymore. It’s now coming out of the backup mini-speaker in the console. Anyone noticed this?
Depending how how fast you start the car after getting in, the start up chime comes from the dash because the stereo hasn't had time to wake up. My 2019 does did this before and after the 3.4 update

traxem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Confirmed. You’re right. I didn’t wait long enough.

Last edited:

FastEddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I was in for a regular maintenance service today and had them update the sync to the latest sync. They said they did an update, but I checked the screen before and after and per the screen went from v3.3 to ... v3.3. So unless there are some minor releases that don't increment the version number I didn't actually get an update. Any ideas?