2020 Slightly Average and Modest Beach Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swaddict

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I decided to start my build thread, for the sole purpose of maybe something I do right or wrong will help someone else down the line. I am a big Ecoboost fan, now I'm on my third one. I picked up my 2020 Black Raptor a few weeks ago. Traded in my 2014 FX4 SCrew on 35's with a 6" lift. During that time I also had a 2014 Focus ST that had almost everything done except a bigger turbo. What a fun car that was to drive.

i-CqCfwx5-M.jpg

20170118_094140-M.jpg

_MG_5248-M.jpg

Both my kids surf competitively, so I ended up putting on a topper on the 2014 F150. It's much easier to keep all the gear stored. I have a topper on order for the Raptor.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Swaddict

Swaddict

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went ahead and installed the Rigid Radiance kit today. Came out nice, I only wish Rigid left another inch or so of the black protective coating removed from the wire harness. I had to peel a little back to have enough room to install 3 butt connectors. Took a while to get the lights lined up.

i-pGLkNMs-M.jpg

i-VnvW4Mc-M.jpg

i-cxT8MPF-M.jpg

i-gRS5RnH-M.jpg

i-dVB2ssL-M.jpg

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I very much like the red accents on a black raptor. Doing something similar with mine.

Are you going to be driving on the beach a lot? You might want to look in throwing on mudflaps. It would be good to spray some coating on anotherneath the truck to help protect it from the salt. I've got a few cans on amisol I need to put on mine.

OP
OP
Swaddict

Swaddict

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I very much like the red accents on a black raptor. Doing something similar with mine.

Are you going to be driving on the beach a lot? You might want to look in throwing on mudflaps. It would be good to spray some coating on anotherneath the truck to help protect it from the salt. I've got a few cans on amisol I need to put on mine.

I drive on the beach a lot. Are you talking about the Amsoil Metal Protector, if so the regular or HD? How long does it last?

OP
OP
Swaddict

Swaddict

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a few hours today and I installed the Ride Assist Springs. I chose this setup because I was intrigued by increasing the payload capacity while maintaining the stock leaf springs. I will be taking more measurements to see if the RAS settling in any and will update this thread with the results. I do not tow a lot, but need the towing capacity with our yearly trip to the Keys. Install was pretty simple, took me about 2 hours. A chunk of time went to figuring out how to put the truck on jack stands safely. I did start of with the black spacer which claims a 40% increase in payload capacity.
i-99RCDZT-M.jpg i-n4hq8mw-M.jpg
i-ZcRcfF4-M.jpg i-JTprGp9-M.jpg
i-h3crnf7-M.jpg i-xJgXRXJ-M.jpg
i-JgjxPbP-M.jpg

TurboTJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great build so far! What’s your verdict on the Ride Assist Springs? I had never heard of them.

Thinking of going with the standard Deavers rather than HD and then using those in the rare times it’s loaded.