2020 Rear Cup Holder Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave Bane

Reaction score
Hey all...

Have my 2020 Raptor Leadfoot, and like a few other guys, was a little miffed that the 2020 got rid of the rear cup "springs" that allow different size cups to be held firm... which was even in my 2016 F-150 Sport Lariat.

SO, I did a little recon and found the old part number and ordered from Tasca...

It wasn't cheap... almost 100 bucks, BUT we used those cup holders constantly for the slim coke cans... and they rattled continually w/o the tensioners.

Here is what I received:

View media item 14830
View media item 14831
As you can see its a plain jane no chrome trim model, but the important part is the insides...

The whole panel is held on to the center console by 4 tension pins... easily pried up with a trim tool... no problem. By the way there is a TON of room down in there to hide stuff...LOL

Simply pry the panel off, and remove the 4 screws that hold the inner cup holder assembly. Remove the cup holder assembly from the other panel and replace. Then just use pressure to reapply the panel.

The old assembly not only has the tensioners, but the removable rubber inserts in the bottom that allows you to clean spills and stops the can from moving. The new cupholders in the 2020 is much more flimsy and does not have the rubber removable inserts.

LOVE the addition of the better rear cupholders, and NO RATTLE!

Part numbers are in the pic.

Augdog1964

OP
OP
D

Dave Bane

Reaction score
Take a look at the pic that has the piece upside down... you remove the screws and JUST the cupholders come out... you then put that cup holder set into the piece that holds the cupholder and it has the chrome...

You are left with the plain jane holder, and the cupholders w/ no tensioners.

Scottx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow for 2020 ford gives us less than 2019 but ups the cost. Whatadeal

Reaction score
I wonder if you can use the lower portion of the front cup holder assembly so you’d have all 4 tensioners instead of just the two per cup.

Sgt Beavis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow for 2020 ford gives us less than 2019 but ups the cost. Whatadeal

Yup, that’s what bean counters do for a car company. Ford is in a huge cost cutting mode right now. They made some big IT staff cuts at the beginning of the year, as well as cuts in other departments. Hackett is desperately trying to save his skin. I’m still trying to figure out why the hell he was hired in the first place.