2020 Raptor with 4800 miles is still leaking water inside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

element217

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You said the issue was figured out instantly once the tech came down. What was the solution to fix this?
Well. That is kind of the issue. Rivet not fully sealing the first time was possibly the issue BUT could have been the rear glass. They replaced that and nothing leaked anymore but the people that did the new seal at the dealership did such a horrible job I had them do it over again. Then it started leaking again after they redid it. And then on the final time, it ended up being that the idiots that redid the rear window seal at the dealership did not hook the moonroof drain tubes back up when they put it back together which was the first thing that was checked when I took it in initially.

PNW2020

Reaction score
May I ask how you got this resolved? We have been dealing with the leak issue for a few months now. I first found want on the passenger side and took it in as it puddled on that side. They said it was the AC and they fixed it after having it for a few weeks. Couple weeks go by and we get in the truck and it has a mildew smell and the driver side squished as it was full of water again. The put an elbow in as you mentioned and said it was good to go (after having it for three weeks). The dealership only offered to buy it back, obviously for less than what was paid. For spending $90k on a truck with all bells and whistles we are running into so many problems.

heybear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so it would seem ford has learned nothing in between my 2006 expedition and the new raptors.

job1 baby!!!!

as an aside, i’m super sorry for you experience. it’s gotta suck being let down line that.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
May I ask how you got this resolved? We have been dealing with the leak issue for a few months now. I first found want on the passenger side and took it in as it puddled on that side. They said it was the AC and they fixed it after having it for a few weeks. Couple weeks go by and we get in the truck and it has a mildew smell and the driver side squished as it was full of water again. The put an elbow in as you mentioned and said it was good to go (after having it for three weeks). The dealership only offered to buy it back, obviously for less than what was paid. For spending $90k on a truck with all bells and whistles we are running into so many problems.

Do you have a sunroof? If the drain tubes get clogged with environmental debris, the drain channels will overflow inside the cabin.

PNW2020

Reaction score
I do have the sunroof, but park under covered so there shouldn’t be too much debris. I will look into that. I appreciate it!

Caroline

Reaction score
Hello Guys...need some help. I have a 2020 Raptor with 4800 miles on it and it is leaking water. The first time I had condensation on the inside of windshield and rear windows and the front passenger footwell was wet. I took a video and the dealership found the the AC condensation line was kinked and replaced it with an elbow fitting.

The second trip was for condensation on the inside of the windshield again. Again, took a video and showed it to the dealer, but they said that they could not replicate the problem. On the paperwork, the tech stated that the factory mesh wind deflector is attracting moisture...that was his half-assed diagnosis!

The third time, I opened the passenger rear door and found water standing on the rubber floor mat. The door was dry so I was wondering if it was coming from the sunroof. Took it back with a video and again they said that they could not replicate it. They instructed me to speak to the Service Manager when he returns from vacation...?

Any ideas? This is ridiculous for a $70k pickup with 4800 miles. I had a 2018 Raptor and the engine ate itself with 900 miles on it. The dealer, themselves, purchased it back from me as they said Ford will never stand behind their products. I thought I would give a Raptor another try and now this &$%#. Is it me or are you guys experiencing the same type of BS? Wife is an attorney and she said that there are numerous articles in law journals/discussions about problems with the Raptors are and all of the consumer lawsuits... There is no doubt that it is a cool truck, but there is a limit.

Thanks,

Marc
I have a 2018 F150 Platinum. When mine was Brand New the Truck Shop had to remove the Bed of the Truck to Get to the Cab Compression vent. It was apparently not factory Sealed Properly. NITEMARE for me. I feel same way you do with spending 70k on manufacturing incompetence. It's unacceptable. I'm having an issue now with Water drip coming from the Eyeglass holder. It's NOT the Moonroof drains It may be the windshield seal. I don't want to sell it because I really enjoy it. I'm real angry I hope I get it resolved