2020 Raptor with 4800 miles is still leaking water inside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dancam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP, Sorry to hear yours is a problem. This is definitely not the norm. I had a cracked water pump from almost new on my '20, dealer did a good job fixing it. The only other issue was the camera recall, which I really can't blame on Ford. Mine has been great otherwise.
how many miles do you have on it?

deadeye99

Reaction score
I will ad my experience here hoping it helps someone.
I have a 2020 also. A couple of months ago I smelled moisture and found the passenger carpet was soaked. i pulled off the Ford performance plate and the entire channel was full of water. I researched this and all the usual suspects, ac drain, sunroof etc. I found a YouTube video talking about this and he mentioned that his father had a 2020, the dealer tried 3 times and never fixed it. They found that 4 rubber plugs were left out from the factory where the a pillar runs down the firewall. I looked and mine were missing also. I bought a set of 4 from the dealer and installed them and my truck is dry.
To look open the hood and look with a flashlight where the antenna wire runs down. If you see 4 square holes they’re missing. Mine were good on the driver’s side.
Longshot but I would still be looking if I didn’t run across this.

element217

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went through a similar problem. Took it in and they could not replicate the problem. Brought it home it leaked next time it rained. Took it back they could not replicate. THEN I realized the angle of the truck that I park on my driveway is not flat so I took a measurement on my phone and gave it to them. They put the front tires up some to replicate the angle and BOOM - water pouring into the truck. There was a rivet in the rear passenger roof rubber piece that was not fully attached that was allowing water into the cab of the truck and was running down the seatbelt into my daughters seat. They fixed that on the first visit. Leaked again - they popped the rear glass and redid the rivet again and it fixed it but their fix looked really bad so I made them redo it. No leak for a year, in Southern CA because it didn't rain. First time it rained it leaked again. THIS time the service manager, because it was documented 3 times, noted "customer wants buyback" which in turn Ford sent down a tech and they figured it out instantly. They cleaned everything up and good as new now with no issues since.

Sounds like you are 3 tickets in so might be time to hit them with "customer wants buyback". I did not actually want it and told the service manager that but he replied "that will get them to send a guy immediately to figure it out". Good luck.

xcartelx

Reaction score
I had the same problem on my 2020. It ended up being a clogged drain. All carpet in my vehicle was replaced under warranty. If you want my documentation shoot me a DM and I'll send it your way.

Steebo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only leaking problem I had was when the roof got replaced from hail and the seal on the rear windshield had a pin size hole in the seal. Had it fixed for free and they started the seal on the bottom so it will never leak again (should have been done like this in the first place). Unfortunately my issue doesnt sound the same as yours

Doctor Mike

Reaction score
Marc,
I feel for you. Have been is same exact situation with my 2018 SCREW. Literally had water sloshing around under the floor boards. It turned out to be the rear vent.
Your dealer is blowing smoke. Ford will stand behind it. My raptor had a valve tap at the same mileage as yours and needed new phasers etc. the truck has been nothing but problems and Ford voluntarily offered to buy it back from me but I had already put additional thousands of dollars into it with lighting , bed cover etc . I truly believe there have been more problems with these trucks than Ford is admitting to and with this engine as well. Keep thinking to unload it while the market is hot.
Call Ford HQ and speak to consumer affairs sept. Tell them what is going on.
Dr. Mike

Jlohknox

Reaction score
My 2018 with sunroof was leaking. Dealer replaced glass panels rear roof light, drain tubes, satellite antenna all with no luck. I read on the F150 forum about a similar problem with the actual tray/frame for the sunroof having a crack and sent the link to the service manager at my dealership. Turns out that was the same problem with mine. They replaced it an no more leaks.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Marc,
I feel for you. Have been is same exact situation with my 2018 SCREW. Literally had water sloshing around under the floor boards. It turned out to be the rear vent.
Your dealer is blowing smoke. Ford will stand behind it. My raptor had a valve tap at the same mileage as yours and needed new phasers etc. the truck has been nothing but problems and Ford voluntarily offered to buy it back from me but I had already put additional thousands of dollars into it with lighting , bed cover etc . I truly believe there have been more problems with these trucks than Ford is admitting to and with this engine as well. Keep thinking to unload it while the market is hot.
Call Ford HQ and speak to consumer affairs sept. Tell them what is going on.
Dr. Mike
There are no “additional problems” with the engine that Ford has not admitted to. The phaser noise was the result of premature wear, and Ford released a TSB with updated parts to resolve it

A body vent can stick open on any vehicle. Its unfortunate that you had that issue, but drawing conclusions about the greater population of vehicles based on a few reported bad experiences is not accurate or helpful to anyone.

I’ve also never heard of a voluntary buyback offer. It’s in the manufacturer’s best interest to fix the vehicle, not reacquire it.