2020 Raptor with 4800 miles is still leaking water inside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

16pawshouston

Reaction score
Hello Guys...need some help. I have a 2020 Raptor with 4800 miles on it and it is leaking water. The first time I had condensation on the inside of windshield and rear windows and the front passenger footwell was wet. I took a video and the dealership found the the AC condensation line was kinked and replaced it with an elbow fitting.

The second trip was for condensation on the inside of the windshield again. Again, took a video and showed it to the dealer, but they said that they could not replicate the problem. On the paperwork, the tech stated that the factory mesh wind deflector is attracting moisture...that was his half-assed diagnosis!

The third time, I opened the passenger rear door and found water standing on the rubber floor mat. The door was dry so I was wondering if it was coming from the sunroof. Took it back with a video and again they said that they could not replicate it. They instructed me to speak to the Service Manager when he returns from vacation...?

Any ideas? This is ridiculous for a $70k pickup with 4800 miles. I had a 2018 Raptor and the engine ate itself with 900 miles on it. The dealer, themselves, purchased it back from me as they said Ford will never stand behind their products. I thought I would give a Raptor another try and now this &$%#. Is it me or are you guys experiencing the same type of BS? Wife is an attorney and she said that there are numerous articles in law journals/discussions about problems with the Raptors are and all of the consumer lawsuits... There is no doubt that it is a cool truck, but there is a limit.

Thanks,

Marc

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have any experience with your interior moisture problem, and it seems to be uncommon from some cursory searches. That being said, I would go to a different dealer. The fact your dealer claims Ford "doesn't stand behind their products" speaks volumes to their relationship with Ford. Ford doesn't always have the "perfect" response, but the sentiment they don't stand behind their products seems to be far from true. Go to another dealer, give them the back ground and previous attempts for a diagnosis, go from there. You said yourself their attempts to diagnose are half assed, and never seem to actually address the issue at hand. Good luck.

My 2020 has been 100% problem free with 20,000 miles fwiw.

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never heard of that problem with a Rap, but after I replaced my windshield on my '06 it leaked in the way you talk about.

Dancam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try a different dealer. Maybe they dont want to get too involved because of the previous interactions...when they had to buy back the previous truck from you.

OP
OP

16pawshouston

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I will try another dealer. The current dealer said that there is a vent in the rear of the cab by the bed that can sometimes warp and leak. They said that they checked it. I bought this one because every Raptor owner that I spoke with raved about them. It is far too cool to give up on it, just needed to pick your brains. I will check the sunroof drains myself. Hell, I drove a CJ7 in college with the soft top held together with tape and tire patches, so this is still living in style. Thanks.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you have a sunroof? If so, 99% you have a clogged or kinked drain tube - will typically leak passenger (or drive) footwell. If no sunroof, could be a bad windshield seal (unlikely) or I have seen a post of the REAR cab vent being a place where water can enter. Anything wet in the rear?
He mentioned he has a sunroof, I’m with you on this, most likely a problem with the sunroof or a door seal at the top of the passenger side.

OP, I would get a garden hose or go to a car wash and see if you get get water to come inside the vehicle from the passenger side doors and then work your way to the moonroof and pour water up there. And then find another dealer if there is one close to you. Good luck!

MFG

Reaction score
Hello Guys...need some help. I have a 2020 Raptor with 4800 miles on it and it is leaking water. The first time I had condensation on the inside of windshield and rear windows and the front passenger footwell was wet. I took a video and the dealership found the the AC condensation line was kinked and replaced it with an elbow fitting.

The second trip was for condensation on the inside of the windshield again. Again, took a video and showed it to the dealer, but they said that they could not replicate the problem. On the paperwork, the tech stated that the factory mesh wind deflector is attracting moisture...that was his half-assed diagnosis!

The third time, I opened the passenger rear door and found water standing on the rubber floor mat. The door was dry so I was wondering if it was coming from the sunroof. Took it back with a video and again they said that they could not replicate it. They instructed me to speak to the Service Manager when he returns from vacation...?

Any ideas? This is ridiculous for a $70k pickup with 4800 miles. I had a 2018 Raptor and the engine ate itself with 900 miles on it. The dealer, themselves, purchased it back from me as they said Ford will never stand behind their products. I thought I would give a Raptor another try and now this &$%#. Is it me or are you guys experiencing the same type of BS? Wife is an attorney and she said that there are numerous articles in law journals/discussions about problems with the Raptors are and all of the consumer lawsuits... There is no doubt that it is a cool truck, but there is a limit.

Thanks,

Marc
We have 3 Raptors at my office. Mine is a 2020 with no problems, we have a 2019 with no problems and we have another 2019 with the same problem. This truck is out of warranty so we had to fix it at our shop. After multiple tries, we found the a/c drain needed the 90 degree hose end installed per the Ford Tech Bulletin, we also found the case of the evaporator core was installed incorrectly and had a gap that let water run in the floor. We used some sealant to fill the gap and fixed the truck. The cab rear vent on this truck was not leaking. It was not a very hard job it just took a while to find it.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OP, Sorry to hear yours is a problem. This is definitely not the norm. I had a cracked water pump from almost new on my '20, dealer did a good job fixing it. The only other issue was the camera recall, which I really can't blame on Ford. Mine has been great otherwise.