2020 Raptor vibration seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What about the passenger seat, does your passenger feel the vibration. If you are not feeling it in the steering wheel or brake or gas pedal, I would start with the seat track, etc. Do you have cooled seats?

OP
OP
J

Jo Smi

Reaction score
Info:
Hi All, purchased new, happy as hell! First 6k where great.
Drove 6k rotated tires front to back, back to front, problem started after rotation , Dealer stated the (4) KO2 tires where cupping on the inside of tires (about 2") BF Goodrich replaced them LT315/70s17. with 8K on truck. New tires did not help been to Ford dealer 5 times.

Problem:
Vibration in Driver seat (seats), at 50mph but gets worse at 70-80MPH. Not felt in steering wheel.

Tried coasting at all speeds, turn lane keeper on/off( always keep off anyway.)
Up hill down hill, with accelerating and not

Repairs:
New tires 8K
Road force balanced 3-4 times , tires removed from wheels.
Rotated multiple times.
New drive shaft from Ford.
Camber, Toe in Correct.
Lowered air pressure to 35

What caused the wear in the tires in the first place ? They have not addressed that as well.
Never been off road (yet)
Still have the shimmy/vibration.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Still dealing with seat vibrations, After dealer checked many items
PCM test
datalogger road test
Engine Ground Mounts
unplug VCT solenoids road test
data logger torque converter
found significant piece metal on rear axle plug
Road test vibration analyzer identified :tires would be identified along with engine as first order vibrations
Once again road force tires 23,27,7 and 27 .
dealer said it was better , but its not, now more vibration at lower speeds.
SET #2 of tires have 4000k truck has 13k on it, brought to BF Goodrich dealer for wear again stated suspension or Alignment issues.
Customer service @ Ford doesn't seem to care.
Goes back in again Monday November 7, 2021.

Not sure about this; tested going from 2A-4A at 25mpg , 4 times, loud bang Front Left Wheel ? Transfer case , related ?

Any one who comes up with the answer I will Venmo them $50.00

Never off Road, all stock!
Really don't want to go down the Lemmon Law route , sucks to drive this the way it feels!

Thanks for the input!!!

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Still dealing with seat vibrations, After dealer checked many items
PCM test
datalogger road test
Engine Ground Mounts
unplug VCT solenoids road test
data logger torque converter
found significant piece metal on rear axle plug
Road test vibration analyzer identified :tires would be identified along with engine as first order vibrations
Once again road force tires 23,27,7 and 27 .
dealer said it was better , but its not, now more vibration at lower speeds.
SET #2 of tires have 4000k truck has 13k on it, brought to BF Goodrich dealer for wear again stated suspension or Alignment issues.
Customer service @ Ford doesn't seem to care.
Goes back in again Monday November 7, 2021.

Not sure about this; tested going from 2A-4A at 25mpg , 4 times, loud bang Front Left Wheel ? Transfer case , related ?

Any one who comes up with the answer I will Venmo them $50.00

Never off Road, all stock!
Really don't want to go down the Lemmon Law route , sucks to drive this the way it feels!

Thanks for the input!!!

The transfer case and IWEs have a delay to allow engagement after changing modes, if you switch back and forth rapidly you could easily induce undesirable noises. From the Owners manual:

Shifting between system modes
Note: Momentarily releasing the accelerator pedal while a shift in progress message displays will improve engagement/disengagement performance.
Note: Do not perform this operation if the rear wheels are slipping or while applying the accelerator pedal.
Note: You may hear some noise as the system shifts or engages; this is normal.

If metal debris was found on the rear axle plug, why was that not investigated further? Some metal specks are normal, chunks of metal are not.

OP
OP
J

Jo Smi

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, this was a loud bang , metal on metal sound.
Dry paved straight road, no foot on gas pedal . turning switch to 4A, and turning back after 30 seconds.
Not repeatedly.
Cant answer , why rear was not checked further , and the service advisor read the report and had no further info!

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, this was a loud bang , metal on metal sound.
Dry paved straight road, no foot on gas pedal . turning switch to 4A, and turning back after 30 seconds.
Not repeatedly.
Cant answer , why rear was not checked further , and the service advisor read the report and had no further info!
They should pull the rear axle cover and inspect the R&P and bearings. At this point I'd recommend asking Ford to get involved. Call the Ford Customer care back and ask that they send a Field Engineer to get it properly diagnosed and repaired.

OP
OP
J

Jo Smi

Reaction score
The bottom line , FORD does not give a sh&t!! They won't send a field engineer. I sold my 15 year old Tundra limited with 160K, In that time usual maintenance and one shock !!

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The bottom line , FORD does not give a sh&t!! They won't send a field engineer. I sold my 15 year old Tundra limited with 160K, In that time usual maintenance and one shock !!
If they wont send a field rep, then you have no choice but to get rid of it or take it to an independent shop and see if they can diagnose the issue, then take it to ford for repair. Sounds stupid, but there are some really good shops out there with excellent mechanics, most dealers get the run of the mill mechanics these days. Seems to be a lot of interest lately on the TRX with a S/C V8, not my cup of tea, but IDK what else to suggest.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Rear axle failure is not common. You specifically asked Ford customer care for a field rep and they said no??

OP
OP
J

Jo Smi

Reaction score
Ford said they will help diagnose the problem over the phone with techs at the dealer, I asked twice for a field rep, I was told "If there is a need for the field service engineer to come out they will do so. " 7 times at Dealers, 3 times at tire dealer, and almost 1000 miles driven by the dealer(s) Over a month with out my vehicle. My time .
Not sure what constitutes "need?" .