2020 Raptor vibration seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roush_14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
vibration in seats and or floor from what I have seen , 1st suspect would be bad u joint . assuming tires are properly balanced.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
If it all started after rotating the tires. That would be my focus still. S h i t can drive you nuts trying to figure out, sometime tires are just out of round. It's happened to me several times. I have had tires roadforce balanced many times. Not the best of luck for me. If they'll let you watch, you can see the tire or rim bent, or out of round on the balancer as it's spinning.

Two thoughts, do you have any raptor buddies you can swap wheels/tires with for a day? If you were close I would do it.

Maybe drop your PSI to high teens-low 20's till they get soft enough to put your knee pretty good into the side of the tire Try one tire at a time and see if there is a difference driving. If it goes away, that might eliminate u-joints, bearings, etc and point you to the problem. Doesn't cost anything to try at least.

OP
OP
J

Jo Smi

Reaction score
I appreciate your offer, I mentioned to both dealers how about swapping the wheels and tires out? The both said they didn't have a raptor, I am not a mechanic , but also not an idiot. How about F150 tires/wheels?? My guess is a total of an hour, swapping wheels, and a road test. Could save Ford a lot of $$ Why after countless Road force, one paid for out of pocket, why isn't that the next thing checked?
New Drive shaft as well. I did watch them balance at tire dealer, the owner of the tire store, drove the truck for over 30 minutes and shook his head, no idea. Dealer put on 4 new tires , same issue. Why are the tires scalloping ???
Thanks again, I have been playing with tire pressure , but will try your idea of one at a time! No friends with raptors.

Last edited:

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I appreciate your offer, I mentioned to both dealers how about swapping the wheels and tires out? The both said they didn't have a raptor, I am not a mechanic , but also not an idiot. How about F150 tires/wheels?? My guess is a total of an hour, swapping wheels, and a road test. Could save Ford a lot of $$ Why after countless Road force, one paid for out of pocket, why isn't that the next thing checked?
New Drive shaft as well. I did watch them balance at tire dealer, the owner of the tire store, drove the truck for over 30 minutes and shook his head, no idea. Dealer put on 4 new tires , same issue. Why are the tires scalloping ???
Thanks again, I have been playing with tire pressure , but will try your idea of on at a time! No friends with raptors.

Hmm, bad shocks can cause scalloping and the bouncing you feel. Noticed any oil leaking at shocks?

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply, Goes back to the dealer tomorrow. Truck is stock
If you're in Brookhaven, Long Island, you should try KHC in New Jersey.
They have the latest tire equipment machines and know how to align the Raptor.
They well get it right, I don't like Road Force, it hides the under lying problem of the tires.
While I like the BFG KO2s, there quality control leaves a lot to be desired.
I had to send back two brand new tires because of out of round and weight issues.

OP
OP
J

Jo Smi

Reaction score
The end result, Ford did not want to send a technician to the dealer, to try to figure out the vibration, the two dealers that i had brought the truck to made it kind of clear that FORD, isn't going to pay them for all the time for figuring out the problem, and not pay full rate for warranty work. I guess FORD thought it was cheaper , to give me all my money back, including sales tax, once I had to get a Lemon law attorney, get involved . Ultimately they stepped up to the plate, Refunded all my money last week, for a truck I purchased new September 30, 2020. A real big disappointment over all and real crap experience with a $75K truck. Other than my vibration issue, I enjoyed getting in that truck everyday , the outcome makes me sick. Hope all of you have better luck, than i did in this vehicle!

So-Cal-Al-52

I Love Fossil Fuel
Reaction score
Sorry to hear the truck is gone, at least you have your money back. What is next to drive? Are you done with Ford? So frustrating that 75K got you crappy service and sour experience.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Most people aren't familiar with physics that occur with a 35” tire. Especially an at tire w 35”.
Perhaps you should go to a more street bias tread like the Continental a/t or yokohama geolander at.