2020 Raptor vibration seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jo Smi

Reaction score
Info:
Hi All, purchased new, happy as hell! First 6k where great.
Drove 6k rotated tires front to back, back to front, problem started after rotation , Dealer stated the (4) KO2 tires where cupping on the inside of tires (about 2") BF Goodrich replaced them LT315/70s17. with 8K on truck. New tires did not help been to Ford dealer 5 times.

Problem:
Vibration in Driver seat (seats), at 50mph but gets worse at 70-80MPH. Not felt in steering wheel.

Tried coasting at all speeds, turn lane keeper on/off( always keep off anyway.)
Up hill down hill, with accelerating and not

Repairs:
New tires 8K
Road force balanced 3-4 times , tires removed from wheels.
Rotated multiple times.
New drive shaft from Ford.
Camber, Toe in Correct.
Lowered air pressure to 35

What caused the wear in the tires in the first place ? They have not addressed that as well.
Never been off road (yet)
Still have the shimmy/vibration.

Thanks in advance for any help.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
First, is the truck completely stock? Any modifications to ride height will negatively affect driveline angles. If it’s stock, the dealer will need to use the Rotunda VCMM to get vibration readings. The tool automatically narrows down the possible sources of the vibration.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Drove 6k rotated tires front to back, back to front, problem started after rotation , Dealer stated the (4) KO2 tires where cupping on the inside of tires (about 2") BF Goodrich replaced them LT315/70s17. with 8K on truck. New tires did not help been to Ford dealer 5 times.

What caused the wear in the tires in the first place ? They have not addressed that as well.

I’m not sure I’d call it “normal” but I will say that multiple users here on FRF and service departments have observed this. My old KO2’s were rotated on about the same schedule, the longest interval being about 10k miles. The tires that were on front got chewed on the inside, the rear of every other lug. The truck rode smooth as silk, did not pull, shake, shimmy, vibrate or otherwise manifest any problems.

I also noticed uneven wear in that the middle of my tires wore significantly faster than the edges (that’s a first for me). Again, other users have reported the same thing here, and I would note that for the first 18 months or so, my tire PSI was much higher than the Raptor Assault recommended values. door sill says 38/38 which is great for economy, but will wear the tires faster in the middle. I now run about 35.5 front 33.5 rear give or take a psi with no load in the rear.

I’ve recently had the local service dept. swap my wheels and put on new tires, mount & balance and they did a credible job of not introducing new issues. The truck still rides great.

Not to say anything more than I don’t think it’s your tires.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Info:
Hi All, purchased new, happy as hell! First 6k where great.

Problem:
Vibration in Driver seat (seats), at 50mph but gets worse at 70-80MPH. Not felt in steering wheel.

Tried coasting at all speeds, turn lane keeper on/off( always keep off anyway.)
Up hill down hill, with accelerating and not

Repairs:
New tires 8K
Road force balanced 3-4 times , tires removed from wheels.
Rotated multiple times.
New drive shaft from Ford.
Camber, Toe in Correct.
Lowered air pressure to 35

Never been off road (yet)
Still have the shimmy/vibration.

Thanks in advance for any help.
If the tires were road force balanced see if they wrote down the force numbers for each tire. There is a limit to what can be balanced. Sounds like you may have a flat spot or two.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
One other thing, are all the tires cupping or just in one position, i.e. rt frt, etc? You may have a bad shock.

OP
OP
J

Jo Smi

Reaction score
First, is the truck completely stock? Any modifications to ride height will negatively affect driveline angles. If it’s stock, the dealer will need to use the Rotunda VCMM to get vibration readings. The tool automatically narrows down the possible sources of the vibration.
Thanks for your reply, Truck is all All stock.

OP
OP
J

Jo Smi

Reaction score
If the tires were road force balanced see if they wrote down the force numbers for each tire. There is a limit to what can be balanced. Sounds like you may have a flat spot or two.
thanks for your reply, only received road force numbers once: FL-14 FR-24 BL-28 BR-33

OP
OP
J

Jo Smi

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply, Goes back to the dealer tomorrow. Truck is stock

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The shop told me anything under 30 on a AT tire good, I had a brand new KO2 RF balance 50 and they spun the tire 180 on the rim and got it to a 25.