2020 Raptor rough ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's really strange, my '20 rides awesome. Once I adjusted pressures to 36/34 cold I've been really happy with it and we have crappy, rough roads here. I hope you can figure out why your's seems rough and stiff.

OP
OP
A

Aeterna

Reaction score
Interesting, for the record I set my cold temps to 32frt and 30-31rear. Before I drove about 150 miles today. I had no Idea about the separate steering wheel setting toggle. I will play with that and I will also try sport mode to see what happens.

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I drive with my steering in comfort. It’s easy to steer. If I want firmer steering, I’ll take my Vette out.

OP
OP
A

Aeterna

Reaction score
So I came across SSM 47757 on the inter webs today, It says it applies to 2019my but this description is what I am experiencing. My truck rides like an unloaded 3/4ton and I hate to sound like I am complaining. I just cant imagine this is how a Raptor is supposed to ride like. I may have to go trick a salesman into letting me test drive a new raptor off a lot to see how it rides.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10153974-9999.pdf

OP
OP
A

Aeterna

Reaction score
Just wanted to make an update:
I have just over 1k miles on mine, the ride seems to of improved quite a bit. Not sure if something needed to be broken in or what, but honestly it seems to ride quite a bit better. No more jolts, I still feel bumps here and there but not nearly as bad. The truck actually floats a bit now which it didnt before. That said, the tranny is still a little wonky but I think it needs little more time to learn. I seem to recall my 18 needing 1500ish for the tranny to act right.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is a phenomenon known as the "California Hop" that typically affects Heavy Duty pickups.

A local thing. Road construction quality in Colorado is particularly bad. CDOT is corrupt and all the local contractors do crappy work, so even the interstates have poorly aligned slabs. I just drove to Washington and back and the only place I felt it is in Colorado. It caused me to sell my Dodge 3/4 ton it was so bad. Does anyone know if putting on Eibachs and +4HDs will make it significantly worse when I'm empty?

SoCal_LF

Reaction score
I feel like I’m having the same problem too, I have a 20’ 802a. I’m going to try adjusting the tire psi and doing a tire balance.
Btw, I have 18 fuel off roads in stock tires and Eibach front leveling springs.