2020 Raptor New Short Block - Oil in Cylinders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

RE Mac

Reaction score
Bumping this - anyone have any thoughts? The dealer still has the truck, along with another raptor same year that’s doing the same exact thing as mine. They’re stumped. They have had ford techs there multiple times and no one can figure it out.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
maybe a cracked turbo housing is allowing coolant into the exhaust, and or intake tract. id think the guys that are working on it would know better than guessers on the internet.

OP
OP
R

RE Mac

Reaction score
You’d think so but they’re looking at these threads and others online to try to figure it out. It’s gotten to that point. It’s been an issue for almost 2 years now. No coolant leakage.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You’d think so but they’re looking at these threads and others online to try to figure it out. It’s gotten to that point. It’s been an issue for almost 2 years now. No coolant leakage.
The dealer is looking at online threads to “figure it out”? :facepalm:

Dealer do not escalate repairs to internet searches. They escalate to hotline and then their field engineer.

Here’s the knowns we’ve established from this ridiculous saga:

1. You bought a used truck
2. You ran it 2.5 quarts low on oil and damaged the engine
3. The dealer fraudulently replaced the short block under warranty due to the engine damage.

How can anyone on here help with that? The dealer needs to go over their work and find out where the oil/coolant is coming from. It’s almost impossible that the heads weren’t damaged if the bottom end had damage, there’s a very good chance that it’s leaking oil past the valve seals/guides.

They are likely stuck because they should never have made the repair under warranty, and now that it’s having continued issues because they replaced the short block instead of the long block, they can’t submit another claim with a different root cause. At this point you’re probably better off cutting your loses and negotiating with the dealer to get a new long block and move on.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

RE Mac

Reaction score
The dealer is looking at online threads to “figure it out”? :facepalm:

Dealer do not escalate repairs to internet searches. They escalate to hotline and then their field engineer.

Here’s the knowns we’ve established from this ridiculous saga:

1. You bought a used truck
2. You ran it 2.5 quarts low on oil and damaged the engine
3. The dealer fraudulently replaced the short block under warranty due to the engine damage.

How can anyone on here help with that? The dealer needs to go over their work and find out where the oil/coolant is coming from. It’s almost impossible that the heads weren’t damaged if the bottom end had damage, there’s a very good chance that it’s leaking oil past the valve seals/guides.

They are likely stuck because they should never have made the repair under warranty, and now that it’s having continued issues because they replaced the short block instead of the long block, they can’t submit another claim with a different root cause. At this point you’re probably better off cutting your loses and negotiating with the dealer to get a new long block and move on.
This dealer does resort to internet searches. They have opened lots of tickets via the hotline and field engineers have been there in person multiple times - I’ve been there when they’ve been there. I did not damage anything, the truck was smoking 8 months before the dealer did some work and told me to drive it a thousand miles, in which time either oil burned off or leaked out (they changed the oil and put dye in it prior to this) but not low enough to cause damage. That had nothing to do with the original issue, before any noticeable oil burn, which is the same issue today. Literally nothing has changed. I don’t think they fraudulently did anything, I think they did what Ford made them do, which was change the short block first. I do agree about the heads and to some extent what you’re saying about justification. To date, they haven’t been able to justify the heads or new turbos but I have a feeling that will change soon. Driving a brand new truck for weeks is not cheap for them, so they’ll figure it out, one way or the other. I definitely am not paying for anything. The truck is certified, so it will be fixed by ford, one way or the other.