2020 Raptor loosing its mind...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Madzdog

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Raptor that has started to act up. First I got a message that it needed an oil change but just had it done 2k ago. Then I noticed the bed lights kept turning on by themselves and would not shut off. Next the TPM stopped working. But the fun started at 3am! I have two Deputies show up because my truck is going nuts in the driveway. Horn blowing intermittently, lights turning on and off, truck locking and unlocking by itself. Then it would go quiet....then lights turn on and off ....keyphob still worked and truck started right up but then when I shut it off nothing would shut off, engine did stop but all electronics kept right on going....radio, navigation, lights, dash.....disconnected battery to shut down truck so it would be quiet for the night. Next morning hooked battery back up and truck seemed fine. Started to get work day started and was great until I hit the highway. Horn started blowing, TPM went out. Got it home and into the garage and decided to record what the truck was doing while it was shut off just sitting there...it's nuts. Had to disconnect the battery again. It is going to the dealership Friday. I'm sure it will be a fun trip....lol. Has anyone had this happen?

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 2020 started going nuts and shooting messages across the screen for EVERYTHING. I have no idea what your issue is by mine was the alternator. The voltage regulator went out and it would NOT charge until I put a load with the AC and Lights and then it would be voltages outside what the trucks likes to see. So use a multi meter and check your resting voltage after sitting over night then start it up and see what your are doing with no load and then a load. May not be related...may be.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF
Pics or it’s a prius.

Do you have any aftermarket equipment installed?
Are you the original owner? If not, do you know if the previous owner(s) did any mods?