GEN 2 2020 Passenger Side Mirror replacement w/ 2018 F150 side mirror???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RapidRed2020

Reaction score
So I broke my passenger side mirror having fun. I've read the forums and priced out the OEM Raptor side mirror... prices.

I found this for $260. It fits a 2018 F150 Raptor.

Can anyone here verify if the 2018 and 2020 have the same dimensions?

Spectragod

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are the same, but...... there are variations of temp sensor placement, and, I wouldn’t put a cheap POS mirror on my Raptor. I would look for a used oem mirror instead, just my .02.

jimmyjamm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed, I did the same with the driver side and initially replaced with an aftermarket one...it had such vibration at speed on pavement that I couldn't see anything behind me. Found a like new used one from EBAY that didn't have the camera or puddle light, but had the heat and BLIS, then swapped out the camera and light and was back like new.

OP
OP
R

RapidRed2020

Reaction score
The aftermarket side mirror came in, took it apart, swapped out the broken housing and kept the oem mechanical.. Good as new now.

gstahl

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any pointers to where you got the copy mirror? I just need the trim… got hit… folded but bent the inside plastic trim (like did not clear and got caught as it folded, hard to explain… everything is fine but the inside edge trim is bent so mirror will not fold. Hard to pay for a new full OEM mirror just to get the tirm piece. Every else works great.

Any other suggestions would be great also.

Thanks!!!

gstahl

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much…. My arm is perfect, i just have a bent piece of plastic trim on the inside edge, which catches when the mirror tries to fold. Have to do a bit more investigation to see if there is anywat to fix… i think i will need that trim piece around the mirror abd over the back of the hinge.

Let me know how your disassembly goes. I am interested how hard to remove or replace that trim.

Thanks

Geoff

bronxsdad

Reaction score
Any pointers to where you got the copy mirror? I just need the trim… got hit… folded but bent the inside plastic trim (like did not clear and got caught as it folded, hard to explain… everything is fine but the inside edge trim is bent so mirror will not fold. Hard to pay for a new full OEM mirror just to get the tirm piece. Every else works great.

Any other suggestions would be great also.

Thanks!!!
What did you end up doing about your mirror? I did the same thing by swiping a parking garage pillar. Looking closer inside it seems that "trim" might actually be the full shell of the inside of the mirror.