2020 or 2021?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it were to be properly off-roaded, I would wait in hopes of the 4-link rear end rumors being true. As a street queen, I would buy a '19 and hope to save a little money on the year end change over.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2022 supercharged V10....i know a guy, who's sister, did a bartender, at Frank's Taven 3 blocks south of the Dearnborn Assembly plant.

So...if we can impeach on hearsay, we can get V10's on hearsay.

V10s sound almost as bad as our V6s, so I hope they put the VooDoo engine in our trucks before a V10!

Ask me how I know... :cool:

In all seriousness, I doubt we see anything other than a V6 before they go all electric.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well you may have heard it from the horses mouth by a post from someone with internal knowledge of new vehicle models. I also found no evidence of a new body style Raptor next year yet or a new V8 of any type going into the current gen or next gen anytime too soon or at all. Just media throwing it around more than anything to stir the pot.

I also found as much info as I can about the 2020 Raptor before I purchased my ‘19. ‘19 was the refresh year and ‘20 would be the same vehicle. But I have now found out the ‘20 is different! It ships with Sync 3.4 vs 3.3! And this we can update at some point.

The ‘19s and ‘20s have more refinement at this point and I was able to land a good deal on mine.

Just food for thought.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Engine's aside if that 5 link actually becomes a thing in 2021 that would be worth waiting for. Not certain it'll be 2021 when it happens though.

nmp1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5 link is a nice upgrade but a lot of significant changes need to be made, which means potential problems. I won’t be surprised if ford waits until gen 3.

TRUEFF

Reaction score
I was informed by a reputable Ford Dealership, who specializes in high performance Fords, that there won’t be a 2021 Raptor. 2020 will be the last year for the current version. The Gen 3 will be a 2022 and....... not likely a V8. FWIW. I make no claim this is accurate.

Last edited: