2020 f150 info is out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bdd123

Reaction score
V8s are going away guys. What cracks me up is all the fake news about bringing back the V8. It's blogger "click bait" at best. Car manufacturers are driven (no pun intended) by environmental policy and regulations (not turning this into a political debate). Trust me, I don't agree with it, but by now Ford is over the hump with enough consumers actually on board with the new turbo V6 that they are not going back to the V8, unfortunately. Next hump they'll jump over is making it electric or hybrid. And fact is, people will still buy them. When that truck can do 0 to 60 in a couple seconds like a Tesla, it's gonna blow people's socks off. That's the avenue they are going. I have the V8 6.2 I love it and love the sound so I know giving that up is inevitable. Bringing back the V8 is like bringing back coal powerplants.

OP
OP
nmp1

nmp1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
V8s are going away guys. What cracks me up is all the fake news about bringing back the V8. It's blogger "click bait" at best. Car manufacturers are driven (no pun intended) by environmental policy and regulations (not turning this into a political debate). Trust me, I don't agree with it, but by now Ford is over the hump with enough consumers actually on board with the new turbo V6 that they are not going back to the V8, unfortunately. Next hump they'll jump over is making it electric or hybrid. And fact is, people will still buy them. When that truck can do 0 to 60 in a couple seconds like a Tesla, it's gonna blow people's socks off. That's the avenue they are going. I have the V8 6.2 I love it and love the sound so I know giving that up is inevitable. Bringing back the V8 is like bringing back coal powerplants.
very well said and i completely agree

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
You are in Texas too bro. However, in West Texas you see Hundreds of Raptors a day here. It is insane the amount of money around here.

Yeah, I was in Lubbock this past weekend. Saw a few. I see way more in Austin. Noting compares to Houston though, it's lousy with them down there. Bro.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did some more research today and reached out to some owners and they sent some valuable information as to what they did to upgrade the exhaust system. They actually sound mean now.

I have heard some systems that sound decent online & I dunno what the guy had done but someone local around me has a gen2 raptor that sounds downright mean- GTR-ish

I don’t mind the stock sound I had a Gibson dual setup on my last 6.2 GMC & while it sounded great it’s nice to have a “quiet” cabin when cruising in the rap. Personally I’d probably leave exhaust note changes by adding an intake & maybe X pipe and/or muffler swap. I don’t think there’s performance to be had from exhaust unless you’re talking downpipes.

I like hearing the subtle turbo spooling whistle sound makes me feel like I’m in a mini-diesel lol

PlainJane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am hoping for the Hybrid to be available in Gen 3 as I just bought by 2019 Raptor.
I would like to see 100 HP added to the front drive. We could have front wheel drive electric, split 4 wheel drive, electric / gas......
Plus the regenerative braking

Twista

Reaction score
I appreciate everyone's responses.
I am hoping for the Hybrid to be available in Gen 3 as I just bought by 2019 Raptor.
I would like to see 100 HP added to the front drive. We could have front wheel drive electric, split 4 wheel drive, electric / gas......
Plus the regenerative braking

I wonder what year the Gen 3's will be released.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No major changes? You
Mean to tell me that rumored W12, or the Viper V10 engine isn’t going to replace my just fine 6? Oh my, shudder the thought.

Hey but it’s ok, anyone on the fence can just sit and wait and grow old and gray or perhaps meet your maker while I enjoy and smile every minute driving my trashy 6.

OP
OP
nmp1

nmp1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the V8 only people will have a stroke if they do a hybrid only version.