2020 explorer VS Kia Telluride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TravisHTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m surprised it hasn’t been said yet. Just buy a Raptor and be done with it. It’s better than both of those options. ;)

I don’t have much to add to this thread, we test drove the explorer about a year ago, it’s nice, we ended up getting the Lexus RX350 instead though. To me, the Lexus felt much more refined.

OP
OP
Raptorrunner2019

Raptorrunner2019

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m surprised it hasn’t been said yet. Just buy a Raptor and be done with it. It’s better than both of those options. ;)

I don’t have much to add to this thread, we test drove the explorer about a year ago, it’s nice, we ended up getting the Lexus RX350 instead though. To me, the Lexus felt much more refined.

i know Fordtech threw Lexus under the bus recently due to price. I am moving from a gx 460 to the explorer. Needed more space and explorer has a lot more. I do love the gx though. Trying to come to grips with parting with it. My logic is that I can sell it for almost what the new bronco will cost. So... that is best I can come up with. But I still haven’t made the leap of posting it. Maybe will come in a month or so.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Raptorrunner2019

Raptorrunner2019

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, Forscan on raptor was easy. Is the explorer to new to disable (like people just haven’t tried out posted) auto start Stop with forscan or is it not going to be possible? I see in the Easy mode looks like it is tied into BSM. That was kind of dirty seeming.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score

You’re comparing a non-luxury brand to a luxury brand; that is not a valid comparison. Compare the Lincoln Aviator to the RX350; it makes the Lexus feel like the overpriced Highlander that it is.

TravisHTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You’re comparing a non-luxury brand to a luxury brand; that is not a valid comparison. Compare the Lincoln Aviator to the RX350; it makes the Lexus feel like the overpriced Highlander that it is.

Agreed. I think people realize that fact. Just stating all the details as to not mislead anyone. Although I would say, we got the F sport rx350 for about 5k more than we would have gotten the explorer ST fully loaded, less of a price difference than We thought there would have been.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fwiw, I would never drive something that says K-I-A on it. Just bad luck and asking for trouble...
I have a Raptor and a Kia Stinger...GASP!!! The Stinger is leaps and bounds better than the 2014 Audi S4 it replaced. Never thought I’d say that.