2020 check engine light issue.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
These rookie tech concerns are what I have been concerned about. I stopped in today and met with the service manager and the mechanic/tech.

They were very accommodating and actually quite knowledgeable. The large plug for the engine wiring harness has some sort of loose connection. With the truck running it will shut off with a wiggle of the connection. They are waiting for Ford’s advice but want to replace the harness. Interesting that there are multiple harness’s available as it seems to be a known problem.

@FordTechOne what do you think?

Parts availability does not correlate with known issues. Did they verify pin fit? Sometimes the issue can be as simple as a spread terminal, which can be easily corrected in most cases without the need to replace the harness.

OP
OP
deadeye99

deadeye99

Reaction score
He could not find any of the pins out of place or anything in or around the connections that would cause a problem. I looked at it myself with a light and glasses and I couldn’t see anything out of place on either side of the plug. He was truly trying to find a solution that didn’t involve the harness but assured me he had 35 years of experience and I wouldn’t be able to tell if he had to replace it. A205BB2B-4FD6-4997-9312-8385E149E4C3.jpeg50E9AB8E-E188-43AE-9745-65DB1FDFC4CC.jpeg

OP
OP
deadeye99

deadeye99

Reaction score
I would like to follow up on this. The dealership replaced the wiring harness. They had to remove the grill and headlights and work behind the dashboard also. The tech was fantastic, you can’t tell anything was touched and 4 months and 5000 miles later I have had no issues and my truck runs better than ever.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would like to follow up on this. The dealership replaced the wiring harness. They had to remove the grill and headlights and work behind the dashboard also. The tech was fantastic, you can’t tell anything was touched and 4 months and 5000 miles later I have had no issues and my truck runs better than ever.
That's good to hear. Glad to see you're enjoying your Raptor.