2020 Changes and F-150 Order Guide

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
At this point you can not motor swap a v8 into a raptor. None of the modules play nice and has yet to be done. Unless you go full ham and gut it. Would lobe to see it though.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just got back from the dealer today to book a 2020. Base price is $56,190. 802A adds $10,920 which includes the former Technology Package. Moonroof $1,495, Tailgate Step $375, Beadlock Wheels $1,895, Second Row Heated Seats $125, Destination & Delivery $1,595. Total $72,595.

This is $2,750 more than my similarly equipped 2018 was.

FYI delivery to dealer is December 2019 or later.
Price went up for 19, I wonder how the 19 price compares to 20s I think it may be $300 More from 19-20?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford does two price increases every year. First one comes with the new model year, second one comes midway through the new model year.

Oh, I'm very aware. I ordered my '19 when the banks opened last year, but the build was delayed to the point where the mid-year price increase affected it. Was an uncomfortable conversation with my dealer. For them, anyway.

V8Raptor

Reaction score
Coming here to post this. Anyone holding out for a V8 Raptor, 2020 is likely your last chance. Our speculation is 2020 is last year for Gen2 Raptor and...the V8 in any F150. Ford has pretty much telegraphed the 5.0 is going away sooner rather than later.

We fear that Ford is going all ecoboost/hybrid/electric with 14th Gen (2021). No Raptor for '21 and '22. It returns in '23 with the new 450hp/600tq ecoboost hybrid.

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read about the issues Ford is having with current 5.0 engine. Its also causing numerous factory Buy Backs from pissed off buyers. It’s amazing to me that after decades of V8 production under their belts they don’t have this down to a science.

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford has pretty much telegraphed the 5.0 is going away sooner rather than later.

We fear that Ford is going all ecoboost/hybrid/electric with 14th Gen (2021). No Raptor for '21 and '22. It returns in '23 with the new 450hp/600tq ecoboost hybrid.

Can you elaborate on where this speculation is coming from, or cite your sources? No offense, but these sorts of opinions are commonplace here, so getting some insight into your stance on this would help qualify your statements.

V8Raptor

Reaction score
Can you elaborate on where this speculation is coming from, or cite your sources? No offense, but these sorts of opinions are commonplace here, so getting some insight into your stance on this would help qualify your statements.

It's speculation. It's educated speculation, but still. Been in the industry for years and have lots of contacts at press and OEMs. I can tell you this: no one knows what Ford is doing, so anyone who claims otherwise is full of it.

Don't believe anything you read in the press unless it has a press release from Ford tied to it. Everyone from OEMs to tuners (us included haha) have learned that the automotive media will publish anything you send them, so fake news is the new normal. All signs point to the latest round of Supercharged 5.2L Raptor fake news was just a response to Rebel TRX fake news. Safe money is that neither truck is coming.

Latest release calendars from FCA have the Rebel TRX as a 2023 model (so too far out to know anything). On the Raptor side, 13th Gen F150 production should stop around May 2020 for the new 2021 model F150. Ford will not hold over a Raptor that has styling from it's 2015 model F150 when it's trying to sell you the latest and greatest "all-new" 2021.

You have to realize the Raptor is not a profit center for Ford, it is a flagship. It is used to draw attention to the Ford F150 and capture some high-end customers. Ford put an ecoboost in the 2nd gen because they want people to think "if it's good enough for the Raptor, it's good enough for my F150." Ford has made clear (through press releases and production numbers) that they do not want to sell you a V8 F150, so there's no need for a V8 Raptor. When Ford wants to sell more hybrid F150s (which appears to be their direction), that's what they'll put in the Raptor.

Nibbl3s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best opinion yet

It's speculation. It's educated speculation, but still. Been in the industry for years and have lots of contacts at press and OEMs. I can tell you this: no one knows what Ford is doing, so anyone who claims otherwise is full of it.

Don't believe anything you read in the press unless it has a press release from Ford tied to it. Everyone from OEMs to tuners (us included haha) have learned that the automotive media will publish anything you send them, so fake news is the new normal. All signs point to the latest round of Supercharged 5.2L Raptor fake news was just a response to Rebel TRX fake news. Safe money is that neither truck is coming.

Latest release calendars from FCA have the Rebel TRX as a 2023 model (so too far out to know anything). On the Raptor side, 13th Gen F150 production should stop around May 2020 for the new 2021 model F150. Ford will not hold over a Raptor that has styling from it's 2015 model F150 when it's trying to sell you the latest and greatest "all-new" 2021.

You have to realize the Raptor is not a profit center for Ford, it is a flagship. It is used to draw attention to the Ford F150 and capture some high-end customers. Ford put an ecoboost in the 2nd gen because they want people to think "if it's good enough for the Raptor, it's good enough for my F150." Ford has made clear (through press releases and production numbers) that they do not want to sell you a V8 F150, so there's no need for a V8 Raptor. When Ford wants to sell more hybrid F150s (which appears to be their direction), that's what they'll put in the Raptor.