2020 Bead-lock Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Make sure the state(s) you plan to drive in allow a bead lock setup on the road. Here in CA, it's not legal on surface streets. I've heard of Highway Patrols running down vehicles headed to the Pismo (Oceano) Dunes for running on the freeway. I'd probably do the rings myself but I'm too lazy to carry four wheels/tires and swap them when I get to the sand. There are some good YouTube videos of how to set this up yourself. The tires hold up pretty well for the occasional times you're gonna drive in sand, air down to around 20 lbs. and then air up to travel on-road.

You could be like this guy and tow your toys with your F350. Then you just leave the bead locks on. #jealous.
I ran beadlocks in CA for years and continue to here in Texas. Also drive across the states with them. Never had an issue with the law. I think the issue you will have is if you ever have an accident. Like a tire blows out and you damage another vehical or injured someone.
The main thing about beadlocks and it goes for every state is maintenance. Inspect and recheck torque. I recheck torque on tire rotations. Let out air, check torque, air back up. Takes time but is part of the game.

RPG9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran beadlocks in CA for years and continue to here in Texas. Also drive across the states with them. Never had an issue with the law. I think the issue you will have is if you ever have an accident. Like a tire blows out and you damage another vehical or injured someone.
The main thing about beadlocks and it goes for every state is maintenance. Inspect and recheck torque. I recheck torque on tire rotations. Let out air, check torque, air back up. Takes time but is part of the game.

I agree. With proper maintenance, you will never have an issue. They look awesome 938D2B4E-271C-40FA-9B94-B5D43FD5159C.jpeg

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With every car/truck/suv with rims, you would have to come across an officer that was looking to ticket a “beadlock” because they are specialized which you would have to look for. If that is the worst thing your doing in today’s f’d up society, I believe the cops will let you be.