2020 B&O System low volume

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David1986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just replaced my 18 with a 20 and the B&O system's volume seems weak. Have to turn the volume level up to at least +20. Doesn't seem right. Guess I'll take it to the dealer and see what they say.

I also have a 20 base model Fusion and the base stereo in it Rocks. Can't turn in past 16 and it's load. Makes no sense that the B&O system is amplified and the volume seems to be low.

I've played around with the settings and it's helped some.

1. Turned the speed adjustment off
2. Surround sound is turned on
3. Balance is slight to the front

Thoughts?

P4mnceBlue82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've tried everything as well and have been very underwhelmed with the B&O system. I'm by no means an audiophile but this is def one of the weaker "premium" stock systems I've experienced. I think the old sony "premium" system in my 14 F-150 was actually better. If anyone has any tricks I'm all ears as well!

OP
OP
David1986

David1986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did a little more research adjusting the settings and noticed there is no sound coming from the sub. My 18 truck sounded Great with the volume at 12-14. There is no amplified sound coming from the speakers.

Could be not turned on from the factory or it’s defective. Taking it in tomorrow and let them check it out along with a few others issues the PDI guy checked off that doesn’t work.

Glove box won’t close on one side at all . Sticks out over an inch like it’s warped. Great quality control that it left the factory that way and the PDI signed off on it as well. Tailgate has a long scratch that will have to be painted. Outside of that no issues.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
[QUOTE="David1986, post: 1468308, member: 32020”]...
Glove box won’t close on one side at all . Sticks out over an inch like it’s warped. Great quality control that it left the factory that way and the PDI signed off on it as well. Tailgate has a long scratch that will have to be painted. Outside of that no issues.[/QUOTE]

I know this won’t help you now and please understand I don’t mean this to rub it in, pour salt on an open wound or otherwise make you feel bad.

PDI just means that the dealer is fine selling it to you in the condition it’s in. PDI isn’t performed by some Ford Engineer, it’s likely a lot porter.

Take the time to go over the truck yourself for exactly how long you think it’s going to take to cover every little possible issue. I’ve been criticized multiple times for this but I took something like 3.5 hours at the stealership before I signed a thing. We were probably 45 minutes before we went inside, and that was to get keys for the long test drive, then I crawled around the truck again to make sure i didn’t find anything new. They were closing when we left. i had pictures from every angle, inside and out, checked all the fluids i could, stumbled through the various settings, functions, checked the switch gear, including all the lock buttons, window buttons, lockout, mirrors, seats, heaters, etc., etc.

But taking this time can insulate you from a turnaround visit to get stuff fixed. My last new car before the Rap, i missed a curbed wheel because I figured it would be fine. They covered it but I felt like I wasted a bunch of my time.

OP
OP
David1986

David1986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[QUOTE="David1986, post: 1468308, member: 32020”]...
Glove box won’t close on one side at all . Sticks out over an inch like it’s warped. Great quality control that it left the factory that way and the PDI signed off on it as well. Tailgate has a long scratch that will have to be painted. Outside of that no issues.

I know this won’t help you now and please understand I don’t mean this to rub it in, pour salt on an open wound or otherwise make you feel bad.

PDI just means that the dealer is fine selling it to you in the condition it’s in. PDI isn’t performed by some Ford Engineer, it’s likely a lot porter.

Take the time to go over the truck yourself for exactly how long you think it’s going to take to cover every little possible issue. I’ve been criticized multiple times for this but I took something like 3.5 hours at the stealership before I signed a thing. We were probably 45 minutes before we went inside, and that was to get keys for the long test drive, then I crawled around the truck again to make sure i didn’t find anything new. They were closing when we left. i had pictures from every angle, inside and out, checked all the fluids i could, stumbled through the various settings, functions, checked the switch gear, including all the lock buttons, window buttons, lockout, mirrors, seats, heaters, etc., etc.

But taking this time can insulate you from a turnaround visit to get stuff fixed. My last new car before the Rap, i missed a curbed wheel because I figured it would be fine. They covered it but I felt like I wasted a bunch of my time.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I purchased it sight unseen. Dined the papers and drove off. I should have spent a few minutes looking it over.

Good thing is my dealer is pretty good and will get it right.

Appreciate the feedback!

OP
OP
David1986

David1986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice, at least it was an easy fix. That had to make a gigantic difference having the sub amp be dead.

Yes...it sounded like a base model audio system before they fixed it. Volume I think goes up to 28-30. Had it makes out and it sounded horrible. One of the techs thought it sounded fine. Had them get two trucks side by side and check the volume on both, then they said yep it's messed up.

Set the volume now on 13 and it's cranking!