2020 800a or 801a?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nmp1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
been through the specs for 2020 and im torn between the 2 packages. my main hang up is the leather seats. ive never been a big fan of leather, hot in the summer and cold in the winter. i had a 2000 cobra r with cloth recaros and they were the nicest seats i ever sat in, even over my viper which had a nice leather. i sat in an 800a and the cloth seats were fine but i would prefer some more features with an 801a. what are current owners opinions on the leather? are they soft and comfortable or cheap?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I much prefer the leather seats in the 802a and presumably the 801’s. Some of the most comfy car/truck seats I’ve had.

Pipo6007

Reaction score
The 801 comes with a few more options than just leather. I’d go that route. If you are trying to save money get a 2019 with more options on it.

19Stripper

Reaction score
802a or regret it? Hell, I love my 800a. Previous F150 was a fully loaded black leather lariat FX4. Sounds system is the only thing I even remotely miss. The factory raptor cloth seats are more comfortable than the lariat in my opinion. I do a lot if hunting and was always afraid of puncturing the leather without removing my belt with sidearm/holster and hunting knife/holster... dont have those worries in the cloth. Dont miss the sunroof, never really used it. Dont miss the a/c seats because they were really only useful because of the leather. Only option my rap cane with was remote start and I usually use my phone for that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Go with what you want. I wanted a stripped short cab raptor so I wouldn't be scared getting in dirty with a gun on my hip. Get a luxury truck if you want that. Either way you're gonna love it.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a 2017 800A and the only thing that I didn't like about it was the 4 inch screen. My 2017 never ran right, so I now have a 2019 800A which comes with the 8 inch screen. I have everything I want and 100% no regrets!!! My seats will look just like they do now whenever I decide to sell with no cracks, wrinkles, etc....