GEN 2 2019 with Deaver +3s, SVC Bump System with Fox, Collars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keller Steeler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So had my 19 upgraded by the great guys at Texas Motor Worx. Went with Deaver’s, SVC bumps system with the fox bump stops, and the Dirt Kartel Collar.

0a9e85e8034d40ae4328c270a547e279.jpg5435823c1638eda04faf2f1a61fe74f9.jpg78ee0aae087cd619e8cbb41b1d97c075.jpg8a278a33deb9849dccb65d15c559af5e.jpg

Left the shop on Friday and it rode horribly for the 20 mile drive home. Serious bumps and jerking from the back that would make my head move. I was hooping it would settle in, but I was thinking I made a huge mistake and would be going back to stock springs because I was really happy with the ride. I went with the bumps for off-road and did the springs in because I read about how it improved the ride overall. I am not an experienced driver, but I don’t think I was experiencing any wheel hop with my 19.

On Saturday morning, I left early to go to Rally Ready and drive 4-5 miles to pick up a friend and then we were on the road to Austin. The first 10-15 miles sucked - bumps definitely coming from the rear that were not there prior as I had driven the route. We hit south Fort Worth and the ride starts improving. By the time we get to Alvarado the ride was very good again. Really quite happy with it at that point. Not sure if it was the springs settling in or if the shocks had to learn the suspension.

We hit the Rally Ready track and it handled everything great. Much smoother on the landings and recovery compared to my Gen 1. Also much quicker.

There was some mud in a few spots. We left and get on the road and my steering wheel was shaking and the ride was bumpy as hell. I’m thinking that the crappy ride returned. Get to a car wash and there was so much dried mud on the tires that it just threw them out of balance. $25 later and it wasn’t covered in mud anymore. Pulled out and it rode great again.

All in all, I am happy. I will tow from time to time so I am glad I have the Deaver’s, but I am not sure they improved the ride at all. Take my opinion with a grain of salt though as I had a Gen 1 and never experienced wheel hop in a 17 or 18 as I had never ridden in one. Just read about it.

EMPAC623

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So had my 19 upgraded by the great guys at Texas Motor Worx. Went with Deaver’s, SVC bumps system with the fox bump stops, and the Dirt Kartel Collar.

0a9e85e8034d40ae4328c270a547e279.jpg5435823c1638eda04faf2f1a61fe74f9.jpg78ee0aae087cd619e8cbb41b1d97c075.jpg8a278a33deb9849dccb65d15c559af5e.jpg

Left the shop on Friday and it rode horribly for the 20 mile drive home. Serious bumps and jerking from the back that would make my head move. I was hooping it would settle in, but I was thinking I made a huge mistake and would be going back to stock springs because I was really happy with the ride. I went with the bumps for off-road and did the springs in because I read about how it improved the ride overall. I am not an experienced driver, but I don’t think I was experiencing any wheel hop with my 19.

On Saturday morning, I left early to go to Rally Ready and drive 4-5 miles to pick up a friend and then we were on the road to Austin. The first 10-15 miles sucked - bumps definitely coming from the rear that were not there prior as I had driven the route. We hit south Fort Worth and the ride starts improving. By the time we get to Alvarado the ride was very good again. Really quite happy with it at that point. Not sure if it was the springs settling in or if the shocks had to learn the suspension.

We hit the Rally Ready track and it handled everything great. Much smoother on the landings and recovery compared to my Gen 1. Also much quicker.

There was some mud in a few spots. We left and get on the road and my steering wheel was shaking and the ride was bumpy as hell. I’m thinking that the crappy ride returned. Get to a car wash and there was so much dried mud on the tires that it just threw them out of balance. $25 later and it wasn’t covered in mud anymore. Pulled out and it rode great again.

All in all, I am happy. I will tow from time to time so I am glad I have the Deaver’s, but I am not sure they improved the ride at all. Take my opinion with a grain of salt though as I had a Gen 1 and never experienced wheel hop in a 17 or 18 as I had never ridden in one. Just read about it.
I’m sure the shocks needed 50 miles or so to adapt to everything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
the spring rate and duration of rate(s) are quite a bit different than factory. Glad to hear the learning mechanism sort of works with changes.

I'd agree there is a learning period based on the new spring rates and how they affect variable shock tuning ( based on the inputs the truck now sees.).

Wizo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did the collars do in the front? I am going with just 2.25 front collars to fit some larger wheels and tires on my 19.
Do you think that it would be nose high?

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Remember to lower the rear tire pressure when going off road for any length of time and of course on the street.
I have almost the same set up and run the rear tires at about 33 psi cold. anything more and they ride rough when hitting the small square edge type of bumps. Now if I was towing I'd air them back up a bit...
BTW - After my install the truck didn't ride rough but the new spring pak felt more progressive, small bumps and dips it moved very much like stock but when hitting the bigger stuff it wouldn't just blow thru the spring pak like stock...
I do need to lower my N2 pressure in my bumps...

OP
OP
K

Keller Steeler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did the collars do in the front? I am going with just 2.25 front collars to fit some larger wheels and tires on my 19.
Do you think that it would be nose high?
I don’t know how much the springs raised the back. Here is how it sits after a few days with a 1.75 collar. 459ec0693a1ee5b45d4affd23080d586.jpg

OP
OP
K

Keller Steeler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remember to lower the rear tire pressure when going off road for any length of time and of course on the street.
I have almost the same set up and run the rear tires at about 33 psi cold. anything more and they ride rough when hitting the small square edge type of bumps. Now if I was towing I'd air them back up a bit...
BTW - After my install the truck didn't ride rough but the new spring pak felt more progressive, small bumps and dips it moved very much like stock but when hitting the bigger stuff it wouldn't just blow thru the spring pak like stock...
I do need to lower my N2 pressure in my bumps...
I was around 38, but I can tell you it wasn’t the tires. It seemed liked every 2-4 seconds it would hit a huge bump, not absorb it, and my head would shake. It’s riding great now. I will air down to 33 and see how that feels - thanks for the tip.

cdodgela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2018, with 38 psi in the back wore very unevenly. The middle probably got all of the wear. i run 32 cold on the back now and air up to 38 for towing my travel trailer. My Deavers +3 are arriving today.