2019 Wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cookiehumper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I added some LED running board lights to my truck and have them lit when I unlock and or open the doors. I think I want them lit with the running lights and need the wiring info for rear passenger door harness. Any help would be appreciated, I don’t feel like going wire by wire.

D8D7B4C1-5D0D-43B8-B54D-C69E57381E84.jpeg

OP
OP
cookiehumper

cookiehumper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like your running board lights and would like to know-are they led strip lights and where did you get them? Where did you connect them to light as you open the doors?
They are strip LEDs I got them from F150LEDs.com pretty easy install took about an hour. Connected them to the wiring harness at the bottom of the rear passenger door. Took a while to find the correct wire for them to work with the unlock botton and door open. I am considering switching to have them on whenever the running lights are on. I like the look

David Godbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the look also especially the matching amber. I am meter literate but do you remember the wire colors you connected to for door open and unlock button. Just trying to save a little time. Appreciate the info on where you got the strips.

OP
OP
cookiehumper

cookiehumper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the look also especially the matching amber. I am meter literate but do you remember the wire colors you connected to for door open and unlock button. Just trying to save a little time. Appreciate the info on where you got the strips.
What year is your truck? I think the ground was yellow/black can’t remember the other color. Might have been Grey with Purple or Pink stripe. The opposite of the instructions. Sorry I can’t remember, I tried like 20 lol. If I decide to go with them full time I’ll let you know the exact color. When I open it back up

OP
OP
cookiehumper

cookiehumper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also I remember it was down on the bottom of the wire bundle. If you are doing the meter thing it was easiest after I closed the door latch with the door open. Then you could see the volt meter drop to zero when the lights went out.

David Godbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey my friend sorry I took so long to reply but had to come to the job. Thanks for the info. I'll keep up with your mods if you keep posting. Enjoy your truck man these things are a blast!

David Godbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ours is an 18 Ruby Red 802, Tech, well everything except carbon fiber. I love it. been a Ford driver forever lots of 150's but this one is by far the top. You can look at my profile and see what I've done so far. Its a road princess, actually bought it for my wife. She drove one at our dealers one day and said she loved it so you know how we love our girls. Ordered the lights last night and will add as soon as they arrive. I showed her your picture last night and she's all in for them. It's great having a girl that loves trucks! For an old guy I still love trying to be a motor head. I still do everything on our vehicles that I can except warranty stuff. May we will have had it one year with 7200 miles so far. Enjoying life and the ride!