2019 upfitter switches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
hello all

New 2019 owner (6 days), second raptor though.

I recently got the 6 led light fog kit by rigid and got it all wired up. In this process I discovered that AUX 4 is blown. The fuse is good but not receiving power, obviously the wire isnt receiving power. It got a small spark at first then immediately nothing but nothing blew I can find. The other 5 upfitters run fine.

Does anybody have any idea what the issue could be? Id rather not have it go in for warranty 6 days after owning it.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We completely changed the fuse for that upfitter and its still getting no power. Is there another?

are you sure you didnt wire it to the passthru wire? my 2019 manual shows the locations reversed for the powered and passthru wires.. idk why they made them the same colors either.. on the previous gen, each of the 8 wires were different colors..

Rmax150

Reaction score
When you installed them, did you test the wires to the switches or just wire them to the colors listed in your manual? It could be that you changed the fuse to the wrong switch if the manual is different from actual. The manual vs actual on my 18 is entirely different.

I attached a pic from another guy who had the same issue and these colors matched my switches.

DE4ACA0B-6C07-4BB6-A649-D41554ADB4BF.png

OP
OP
Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
are you sure you didnt wire it to the passthru wire? my 2019 manual shows the locations reversed for the powered and passthru wires.. idk why they made them the same colors either.. on the previous gen, each of the 8 wires were different colors..
Absolutely positive because I used the same wire bundle to wire switches 1, 3, and 6. I only wired 3 because I discovered 4 didnt work. The fuse for 4 isnt getting power on either end but the fuse is still in tact and I even changed it.

When you installed them, did you test the wires to the switches or just wire them to the colors listed in your manual? It could be that you changed the fuse to the wrong switch if the manual is different from actual. The manual vs actual on my 18 is entirely different.

I attached a pic from another guy who had the same issue and these colors matched my switches.

View attachment 141885
Yeah and we discovered for thr 2019s the colors are matching the truck and manual. It seems 2018 is the only year mismatched. We also pulled all 6 upfitter fuses to confirm and theyre all good. 3 are even wired to lights right now.

Rmax150

Reaction score
Gotcha. If you sparked then you had power and something shorted somewhere. If there's no power upstream of the fuse then the issue is between the source and relay (maybe the connector). I have no idea what the wiring diagrams look like, but search for one and see if there's something you could have compromised. If all looks good, I'd take it in and not mention the spark; just say there's no power to it and the fuse is good.

OP
OP
Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Gotcha. If you sparked then you had power and something shorted somewhere. If there's no power upstream of the fuse then the issue is between the source and relay (maybe the connector). I have no idea what the wiring diagrams look like, but search for one and see if there's something you could have compromised. If all looks good, I'd take it in and not mention the spark; just say there's no power to it and the fuse is good.
I got a warranty appointment scheduled and just said that the wire was dead. The trucks 8 days old with 300 miles so yeah..

kalob123

Reaction score
I got a warranty appointment scheduled and just said that the wire was dead. The trucks 8 days old with 300 miles so yeah..
How did this issue get resolved as I have same issue with my 2020 raptor. Mine worked for two weeks now it has no power fuse is good.