2019 Tunes Available Now?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FrodoTBaggins88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Common with the 5*, curious why you went with them after all the negative feedback and all the other options available. At least they are working with you so far....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went with 5* primarily because Stage 3 has a full powertrain warranty for it and Stage 3 has treated me really well so I knew they would take care of it if I had any issues. I did call Cobb first and was told it would be at least April before their 2019 cals were ready. I haven't seen much negative feedback for 5* other than it making less power than other tunes which I knew going in and I'm ok with that. That said I didn't read much about it beforehand, just saw comments here and there. I don't want the hottest tune out there I want a mild-medium tune where I don't have to lose sleep about reliability since I do a lot of hard desert runs where I'm several miles off the nearest road and really don't want to be overly worried about blowing something up out there. I'm not saying anyone else's tune is unreliable, this tune just sounded like the right fit for me. If they can iron out the shifting, and I think they will, I will be totally happy with it because the truck is plenty fast. I have other things I can drive if I want to go drag race, I just want a little bump for the Raptor.

OP
OP
J

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Let us know how it turns out. Having a 100k mile powertrain warranty was what sold me on my Expedition, plus I'm happy to have a single, moderate tune that offers additional performance but allow towing up to the trucks rating w/o the worry of reverting back to stock.