GEN 2 2019 Transmission Failure after service

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Bubbasuwannee

Bubbasuwannee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an update, well kinda. They still have my truck. I got a survey and explained my problems with the quality of the work the techs there are performing and received a call from the dealer's corporate office(it's a very large dealer network here in the Raleigh, NC area). I explained my situation and dissatisfaction(this was late Friday). She said I would have an update by Monday. I can speculate, but maybe the parts haven't come in yet? I've been a customer of theirs for quite a few years and purchased numerous vehicles there. Have had previous issues with their service department too.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Let this be a warning to others. Don't have your transmission "serviced" until the book calls for it. Even then...think long and hard.

There is nothing like a factory seal or factory tight.

OP
OP
Bubbasuwannee

Bubbasuwannee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, back to the shop. Was on a trip to the beach on Saturday. cruise control set at 75MPH and the truck started slipping/jumping. I pulled over and there was a slight drip coming from somewhere around the transmission. Temp was at 210 degrees. I let it cool down and headed back towards home. Temps would hold steady for 20-30 miles, then start to creep up past 205. I pulled over a few times to let it cool down and check the leak. Leak was always there, but just a slight drip every few seconds. Made it to the dealer. They topped off with fluid, but couldn't find any leaks. Drove it a good bit, but not at extended highway speeds and could never re-produce the problem.

Not really sure what to do at this point. The transmission acted the same way it did when I had fluid pouring out of the pan. Already got Ford Corporate involved.

OP
OP
Bubbasuwannee

Bubbasuwannee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealer is going to add some dye and take it on a highway trip tomorrow to do what they can to re-produce the issue. Again, all of this started after a transmission fluid/filter service.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ah man, you'll never trust this dealer now. Just sayin', incompetent ****! Sorry, hope they get it fixed, never heard of putting dye in a transmission before.

OP
OP
Bubbasuwannee

Bubbasuwannee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah man, you'll never trust this dealer now. Just sayin', incompetent ****! Sorry, hope they get it fixed, never heard of putting dye in a transmission before.

They're putting the dye in to help locate the leak. I believe the leak is just a consequence of what's wrong based on how the transmission is acting.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They're putting the dye in to help locate the leak. I believe the leak is just a consequence of what's wrong based on how the transmission is acting.
The only thing they messed with was the pan. If it’s not leaking from the pan, it’s most likely venting fluid. Which is caused by the transmission being overfilled or overheating, and your readings verify it’s not the latter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts