2019 suspension VS 2013 with RPG Fox 3.0 and Deavers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Thanks man, that made me laugh! I'm starting to think I should just keep what I have. The biggest reason I want a Gen 2 is for the increased power/straight line performance and the fact that it would be new and under a warranty.

I guess I need to keep wearing my wife down to let me get a Whipple!

what's cheaper?

1. new truck + $7K to "get it sorted"

2. Whipple and a month of back massages.

(hint: number 2 also comes with more smiles and sounds)

I wish someone made a muffler that made the ecoboost exhaust note sound like a legit fart. at least then it would be funny and not just "meh".

Now, a healthy 6.2 with a whipple? color me jelly. I came from a very healthy gt350 into my gen2. maybe i'm jaded because the voodoo is one of my most favorite exhaust notes ever, and the ecoboost is a whole lot of tokyo dorifto. ( at least to my ears.)

OP
OP
RaptorVette

RaptorVette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I decided to keep holding out for a Gen II or III V8 Raptor. I just can't justify spending $70k and then have to upgrade suspension parts to be equal to what I have now. I can deal with being slower in a straight line for a while.

signalbobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I decided to keep holding out for a Gen II or III V8 Raptor. I just can't justify spending $70k and then have to upgrade suspension parts to be equal to what I have now. I can deal with being slower in a straight line for a while.
you will still have this problem with the gen3 or whatever.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
you will still have this problem with the gen3 or whatever.

true, BUT if Ford actually follows through on the rumors, its WAY easier ( for me at least) to justify doing suspension mods on a V8 boosted truck than an ecoboost variant.

My bank account will hate me, but I'm kind of salivating at the thought of having the truck I have now AND a v8 variant.

Already have my color scheme picked out. :crazy:

OP
OP
RaptorVette

RaptorVette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
true, BUT if Ford actually follows through on the rumors, its WAY easier ( for me at least) to justify doing suspension mods on a V8 boosted truck than an ecoboost variant.

My bank account will hate me, but I'm kind of salivating at the thought of having the truck I have now AND a v8 variant.

Already have my color scheme picked out. :crazy:

I agree!

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford does need to work on the rear for sure. Mine sounds like a 15 year old truck at times with 21000 miles. Rides like one at times also. Kind of dumb founded. Im holding out for the next refresh.