2019 suspension VS 2013 with RPG Fox 3.0 and Deavers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorVette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am thinking about trading my 2013 in for a 2019 this year. Does anyone have a comparison of the new 2019 vs. a 2013 with RPG 3.0's, Deaver +3 and SVC bump stop kit.

I don't want to down grade too much. Any feedback on highway or off-road would be appreciated. I'm not wanting to drop thousands of dollars into the new truck just to get the suspension up to par with what I'm used to.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as suspension goes it would be a downgrade for you. However everything else is an upgrade.

It’s only $10k to get the fox 3.0, icon or deaver leafs, UCA’s and whatever flavor bump kit...;)

Find a leftover 18 and mod away! That way you don’t have to buy the live shock delete:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am thinking about trading my 2013 in for a 2019 this year. Does anyone have a comparison of the new 2019 vs. a 2013 with RPG 3.0's, Deaver +3 and SVC bump stop kit.
I'd change the rear spring, and add the SVC bump stop kit (I'm running the same set up with 2" longer shackles) and don't change the rear shocks...Remember the Deaver +3 will lift the rear about 1"
When I installed the longer shackles the rear dropped and is now very close to stock height.
I've got some off road miles now including pre-running about 30 miles of the Baja 1000 course and was surprised as to how well the factory rear shocks work with the new Deavers...

OP
OP
RaptorVette

RaptorVette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about doing this minus the bump stop kit but was concerned about the ride without weight in the bed. I don't think I'm going to do another tool box.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was thinking about doing this minus the bump stop kit but was concerned about the ride without weight in the bed. I don't think I'm going to do another tool box.
This best way to improve the rear suspension is with a replacement spring pak, followed by the bump stop, and then possibly a shock upgrade...in that order...

OP
OP
RaptorVette

RaptorVette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm following you, I was just hoping the Gen2 suspension was good enough so that I wouldn't be disappointed. I'd rather put the money into bumpers, wheels and go fast parts. I'm going to try and find one to test drive.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The rear end of the gen2's is horrible stock IMO. The OEM springs are too over sprung and makes the rear end skittish beyond belief. Deavers are a must IMO.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I'm following you, I was just hoping the Gen2 suspension was good enough so that I wouldn't be disappointed. I'd rather put the money into bumpers, wheels and go fast parts. I'm going to try and find one to test drive.

honestly, what you have on your gen1 is better. you will absolutely overdrive the 19 if you drive exactly as you currently drive your gen1.

I wont go into the specific nuances on the stock or even the gen2 with deavers, bumps and collars.

what I should have done was buy a 13 gen1, do all the same suspension work, do a gen2 conversion front clip and hammer down. I probably could have paid cash for a new trailer and had enough for 4 week long trips to Baja with what I would have saved when compared to what I have into my 18.

but I'm here now and it ain't going anywhere. so eff you for having a v8. I want one. I still really dig my gen2 though.

OP
OP
RaptorVette

RaptorVette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
honestly, what you have on your gen1 is better. you will absolutely overdrive the 19 if you drive exactly as you currently drive your gen1.

I wont go into the specific nuances on the stock or even the gen2 with deavers, bumps and collars.

what I should have done was buy a 13 gen1, do all the same suspension work, do a gen2 conversion front clip and hammer down. I probably could have paid cash for a new trailer and had enough for 4 week long trips to Baja with what I would have saved when compared to what I have into my 18.

but I'm here now and it ain't going anywhere. so eff you for having a v8. I want one. I still really dig my gen2 though.

Thanks man, that made me laugh! I'm starting to think I should just keep what I have. The biggest reason I want a Gen 2 is for the increased power/straight line performance and the fact that it would be new and under a warranty.

I guess I need to keep wearing my wife down to let me get a Whipple!