2019 SCREW Raptor Towing Cargo Trailer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
So I will be towing my 14' cargo trailer from Canada to Baja and back. Loaded with 5 bikes and gear, I'm going to be right around 5000lbs including trailer weight. I have deaver plus 3's and fox 2.5 air bumps on SVC adjustable bump hangers. I'm wondering if I should be putting a weight distributing hitch on as well. Anyone with similar truck & towing setups out there? I've been towing trailers for over 20 years for work and pleasure, just not much with this truck so far.

dave_g

Reaction score
I have many miles towing ( not with my raptor) with and without a weight distribution hitch. I really like the Reese with sway control. Made for a much more relaxing tow. I assume a trailer that large would gave 4 wheels and breaks. The new f150s have some very cool electronics for breaks and sway.

Sound like a great trip.

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A high quality WD assembly is relatively inexpensive and would be a welcomed addition in your circumstance. Good luck...