Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

2019 SCREW Raptor Towing Cargo Trailer

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by Ian W Leuenberger, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Ian W Leuenberger

Ian W Leuenberger Member

So I will be towing my 14' cargo trailer from Canada to Baja and back. Loaded with 5 bikes and gear, I'm going to be right around 5000lbs including trailer weight. I have deaver plus 3's and fox 2.5 air bumps on SVC adjustable bump hangers. I'm wondering if I should be putting a weight distributing hitch on as well. Anyone with similar truck & towing setups out there? I've been towing trailers for over 20 years for work and pleasure, just not much with this truck so far.

2. dave_g

dave_g Member

I have many miles towing ( not with my raptor) with and without a weight distribution hitch. I really like the Reese with sway control. Made for a much more relaxing tow. I assume a trailer that large would gave 4 wheels and breaks. The new f150s have some very cool electronics for breaks and sway.

Sound like a great trip.

3. Johnkn

Johnkn Full Access Member

A high quality WD assembly is relatively inexpensive and would be a welcomed addition in your circumstance. Good luck...

4. WooPig

WooPig Full Access Member

I would say a WD hitch isn’t a must at the size and weight but would def be beneficial.