Help SupportFord Raptor Forum by donating:

Help support Ford Raptor Forum :

2019 SCAB 800A audio upgrade.

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Audio/Video/Electronics Forum [GEN 2]' started by Knot Now, Jul 28, 2019.

1. goblues38

goblues38 Full Access Member

I have said before....I am an old school guy....so to me a DSP is not needed, or can always be added later if you want to.

i did all my research on the B&O head unit. So assuming you have a quality way to get the signal from the head unit, the things you have listed look to be on the right track. very similar to my system and i am totally happy.

2. John Butler

John Butler Full Access Member

Just curious you mention “ham” radio. Nol being rude what are your call letters.

K5OWG

3. Knot Now

Knot Now Full Access Member

Still studying and have not bought a radio yet. DSTAR looks interesting to me, but that a different thread for the future.

4. Caveguru

Caveguru Member

I have an 800A too. It's been difficult to find info on them. So far just turned off the fake engine noise using Forscan and started installing better speakers. Turning off the noise was a huge improvement- I highly recommend it. After some digging it seems the head unit in the 2019 800A is good for about 25W/channel, and apparently the front tweeters are branched off the wires to the door drivers, which means I'll be putting the crossovers in the doors and running wires back to the tweeters in the A pillars (old school). Looking at the Forscan settings I hope I can get to a line level output from the head unit that I can hook to an amp eventually, but now I'm not sure.