2019 SCAB 800A audio upgrade.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have said before....I am an old school guy....so to me a DSP is not needed, or can always be added later if you want to.

i did all my research on the B&O head unit. So assuming you have a quality way to get the signal from the head unit, the things you have listed look to be on the right track. very similar to my system and i am totally happy.

Caveguru

Reaction score
I have an 800A too. It's been difficult to find info on them. So far just turned off the fake engine noise using Forscan and started installing better speakers. Turning off the noise was a huge improvement- I highly recommend it. After some digging it seems the head unit in the 2019 800A is good for about 25W/channel, and apparently the front tweeters are branched off the wires to the door drivers, which means I'll be putting the crossovers in the doors and running wires back to the tweeters in the A pillars (old school). Looking at the Forscan settings I hope I can get to a line level output from the head unit that I can hook to an amp eventually, but now I'm not sure.

WAYTALL

Reaction score
Sorry for reviving an old thread but what did you end up doing? I have a 2020 800a with stock entertainment. I want to add a sub and replace speakers as well. is the stock head unit B&O or is it Sony? And does that even matter? Thanks for the help