2019 Rear Suspension Issue When First Taking Off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bmwtech113

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Raptor and have noticed that after the truck sits for awhile and then go to take off, either forwards or in reverse, that the back of the trucks feels like it drops down. It doesn’t happen again until it sits for awhile and sometimes it doesn’t do it at all. I’m just seeing if anyone else has experienced this before I go to the dealer. Thanks.

MnFlyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine does that. I think it’s the live shocks doing their thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ed Maynard

Reaction score
Mine does it as well. It’s ever so slight but it is noticeable. I talk to my friend in service at Ford and it is the live shock adjust. It’s working correctly.

MnFlyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I notice the other day after we got out of the truck, after a few minutes all kinds of mechanical gyrations coming from the truck. I could swear I saw the truck “adjust” its stance. This was about 10 minutes after shut down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve Hulse

Reaction score
My 2019 SCREW does the exact same thing. Normally after an extended stop, often with passengers in the back seats, and when shifting from park to reverse and rolling back about a foot. Seems to 'squat' about an inch or two. But the truck rides level and smooth. I think it actually recovers that inch or two as I roll forward, not sure, but the truck "looks" and feels normal in Drive moving forward after the event. I don't worry about it anymore.

OP
OP
B

Bmwtech113

Reaction score
Thanks for all of the replies. I figured it was something with the suspension, just wanted to get feedback from other owners before asking the dealer about.