2019 Raptor using 1 qt oil every 1000 miles; leaking cylinders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

drmdwebb

Reaction score
Never heard of Ford rebuilding an engine under warranty. It sounds like they’re replacing the short block and either reusing or replacing the heads.
I asked that specifically. Short blocks are on many-months backorder, so they are buying parts to rebuild it. At the dealership.

Like I said, I have a warm fuzzy feeling about this. NOT.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Depends on the guy turning said wrenches. I rebuilt many a V12, no short block. If they follow the process you should be fine.

OP
OP
D

drmdwebb

Reaction score
Got my truck back today! They claim it's running great. I drove it home and it seemed fine.

This is what they wrote about the repair. I'd appreciate hearing from the knowledgeable people on this forum your thoughts and impressions on what they did and what they are saying:

IMG_4348.jpeg

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read multiple issues on many components?! And 4 out of 6 cylinders had bad rings. Wow. Well if it was done right, you should have a smooth ride past 150k with good maintenance.