2019 Raptor transmission won't engage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aswift007

Reaction score
This has now happened twice. Remote start truck, get in, move into drive, and all I can do is rev the engine. Truck transmission will not engage. Repeated attempts, tried shifting into Drive, Reverse, Manual and engine will only rev.

Less than 500 miles.

Both times I have left truck for about 15 minutes. Came back, didn't use remote start, started while in truck, shifted, and all was fine. First time 'check engine' light was lit. Not the 2nd time.

Any ideas, thoughts, suggestions? Great truck when it drives, but this is really getting annoying.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This has now happened twice. Remote start truck, get in, move into drive, and all I can do is rev the engine. Truck transmission will not engage. Repeated attempts, tried shifting into Drive, Reverse, Manual and engine will only rev.

Less than 500 miles.

Both times I have left truck for about 15 minutes. Came back, didn't use remote start, started while in truck, shifted, and all was fine. First time 'check engine' light was lit. Not the 2nd time.

Any ideas, thoughts, suggestions? Great truck when it drives, but this is really getting annoying.

Get it in for service as soon as possible. Could be a few possibilities involving the transmission, but we won't know much until the dealer can pulls the DTCs from the TCM.