2019 raptor new owner questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

13screw

Reaction score
I just bought a 2019 raptor on Friday and so far I like it over my gen 1. I do have a complaint though. My company truck is a 2021 F-150 EcoBoost that pulls much harder. I understand the raptor is heavier but it’s dog in comparison to my 2021 F-150. At passing speeds say around 60 the raptor feels extremely slow in comparison. Anyone else noticed this? Looks like a tune is needed faster then I planned on. Also the 10 speed on both trucks in not overly smooth and shifts kinda hard at wot. I have a 2017 zl1 with them same 10 speed and it’s amazing before and after I had the tcm tuned.

Mk1 Caddy

Reaction score
I noticed the same with my work truck. I always assumed it was because everything is heavier on my Raptor from heated/cooled seats, wheels and tires etc. Got a tune which didn't help. I noticed a significant difference in drivability and better throttle response after the 21B10 pcm/tcm reprogram at the stealership.

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your work truck has a lower curb weight, lighter frame, lighter suspension, smaller/lighter wheels and tires and is possibly geared more aggressively depending on its tire size.

I can’t say for certain because I’ve never driven a non-Raptor 3.5, but I’ve never had a problem passing with this truck. If the current gear isn’t doing it, the transmission is eager to kick down and engage the afterburners.

TFL did do a test with a stock Raptor vs. a tuned Gen 2 3.5 and the 3.5 walked the Raptor handily and was able to keep up with the TRX.