2019 RAPTOR - NEED HELP / INFO on this before i buy it.. cut out on dash board

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blademan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all.. If anyone can help me PRIOR to this large purchase i would be greatly apprciated.. I am about to PURCHASE THIS 2019 RAPTOR from a BMW dealer ship.. CLEAN CAR FAX. 1 owner.. Very nice.. He put a tons of money into it.. (SUPER HIGH END amps, kicker, stereio system that has a 700$ box to work with factory headunit, 37inch tires/wheels, some sort of lift, HARD COVER, WINCH, LEDS, XLAUTO STEPS, and FULL COBB CONVERSATION with handheld and cobb radiator(+ MANY MORE UPGRDS as well)..i added it all up about 20k+ IN PARTS not counting all labour. I have drove about 6 used 2017 to 2019 raptors and believe it or not this one realy drives the best-- Whats odd is its on 37" to say it drives the best.. .. I have had it inspector 3rd party all checks out good.. very light rubbing marks on the front tires and in the wells.. which is expected due to how it was lifted.. I have done lots of research and understand LIFTED/BLOCKED raptors for the most part ruins the truck for heavy off road, but i am good with it- its more of a street fun maybe dirt road truck for me.. sorry i am RAMBLING but here is what I CANNOT FIGURE OUT
MY QUESTION OF CONCERN or whats driving me crazy
THERE IS A 3inch X 2inch cut out on the DASH BOARD-- a whole which was clearly CUT OUT for SWITCH BOX or something-- Trying to figure out WTH he was doing..

I FIGURE WITH ALL THE SWITCHES INCLUDED OVERHEAD why would anyone need to CUT THIS AREATO THE LEFT OF THE STERRING WHEEL.. See attached pictures-- hard to see but it looks like a BLACK BOX, but he cut out the PLASTIC to stick a switchinig inside.. ALl the OVERHEAD SWITCHES CONTROL ALL HIS LIGHTS ON BUMBER AND WINCH. so i canot figure it out
ANY IDEAS on why this was done would be great!!

THANKS!

Attachments

• 2019 raptor dash cut.jpg
    2019 raptor dash cut.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 213
  • 2019 raptor closeup (1).jpg
    2019 raptor closeup (1).jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 216
OP
OP
blademan

blademan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks-- Thats what i was thinking. Here is the link to the truck...

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:puke:

I wouldn't buy it because I could never spend the money on all the off-road goodies with no intention of ever using them. It also makes me feel icky inside to see mod's that lower the off-roady'ness; so you spend more buying a truck to get the factory off-road bits, then spend more on mods to make the truck less functional. Why not start with a non-Raptor and put a grill and glass on if you just want aggressive looks?

Lifted
Power steps
permanent mounted winch
rack on the bed
20 or 22" wheels (hard to tell)

If it were me, I would look for a closer to stock truck unless they are giving you a great deal on this one. I just imagine the dealer trying to get money for the modifications I listed as though they are beneficial when in fact they should be a negotiating point to get a lower price. The lights are probably good though, so there's that.

Mike T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DUDE, your pictures are ****** and dark, can't see *** all!!! If the truck is good buy it ad put some panel switches in place there, even if you don't use them, no biggie. Good luck.
Yep, pictures are pretty much worthless for getting a look at the hole in the dash... looks like a nice truck.

Stuartberns

Reaction score
Hello all.. If anyone can help me PRIOR to this large purchase i would be greatly apprciated.. I am about to PURCHASE THIS 2019 RAPTOR from a BMW dealer ship.. CLEAN CAR FAX. 1 owner.. Very nice.. He put a tons of money into it.. (SUPER HIGH END amps, kicker, stereio system that has a 700$ box to work with factory headunit, 37inch tires/wheels, some sort of lift, HARD COVER, WINCH, LEDS, XLAUTO STEPS, and FULL COBB CONVERSATION with handheld and cobb radiator(+ MANY MORE UPGRDS as well)..i added it all up about 20k+ IN PARTS not counting all labour. I have drove about 6 used 2017 to 2019 raptors and believe it or not this one realy drives the best-- Whats odd is its on 37" to say it drives the best.. .. I have had it inspector 3rd party all checks out good.. very light rubbing marks on the front tires and in the wells.. which is expected due to how it was lifted.. I have done lots of research and understand LIFTED/BLOCKED raptors for the most part ruins the truck for heavy off road, but i am good with it- its more of a street fun maybe dirt road truck for me.. sorry i am RAMBLING but here is what I CANNOT FIGURE OUT
MY QUESTION OF CONCERN or whats driving me crazy
THERE IS A 3inch X 2inch cut out on the DASH BOARD-- a whole which was clearly CUT OUT for SWITCH BOX or something-- Trying to figure out WTH he was doing..

I FIGURE WITH ALL THE SWITCHES INCLUDED OVERHEAD why would anyone need to CUT THIS AREATO THE LEFT OF THE STERRING WHEEL.. See attached pictures-- hard to see but it looks like a BLACK BOX, but he cut out the PLASTIC to stick a switchinig inside.. ALl the OVERHEAD SWITCHES CONTROL ALL HIS LIGHTS ON BUMBER AND WINCH. so i canot figure it out
ANY IDEAS on why this was done would be great!!

THANKS!
Those mods are killer truck looks awesome. I have that piece on the left of steering wheel that holds my afe plug in tuner controller which allows me to switch to race mode, sport, stock etc. Wonder if they hid that mine is on surface.

OP
OP
blademan

blademan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any update? Did you end up scooping this one up?

Those mods are killer truck looks awesome. I have that piece on the left of steering wheel that holds my afe plug in tuner controller which allows me to switch to race mode, sport, stock etc. Wonder if they hid that mine is on surface.

Thanks guys!! Yeah fuckit! I think i am gonna pull the trigger.. its at a very large dealership and it appears the previous owner traded it in for a high end 150k BMW... A friend and myself got under the truck with FLASHLIGHT -- look for any sign of major off roading and cannot see any major scratches or indications it was put through a test-we checked wheels wells,etc,etc,- PLUS with the 37"tires -- he did NOT USE HEAVIER DUTY LEAF springs which i woudl think he would have due to the money he poured into this!! I have drove atleast 8 used RAPTOR and i can handdown say this one drove the best(maybe it was the tune?).. WHen you fold down the back seat there is some crazy audio upgrade of 2 SUBS(under the seat- metal box that actually says FORD, and 2 KICKER AMPS and like 3 different controlers of some sort for ?? ( i googled one of them called NAV-TV A2B not sure what it does but cost 600).. it has RETRAX mint toppers-- no scratches, all types of BUILT INDUSTRIES gadgets..
Oh and Stuartbems-- YOU WERE RIGHT!! The whole in the DASH TO THE LEFT IS FOR THE UBI or whatever splitter so i can use the COBB TUNERS AND keep the POWERSTEPS plugged in..

AS for price 67k plus TAX, transfer -etc..

I have looked at all 2018 and 2019 RAPTORS IN SOUTHEND FLA and ALL Of them around 20-40k miles are between 62-68k CRAZY with ZERO UPGRRADES

THis has it all.. -- when the 37" tires wear down-- i will keep it 35" and figure out if a lift was invovled.. I did not see any major block- look like a stock 3inch block to me under leaf springs

OP
OP
blademan

blademan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:puke:

I wouldn't buy it because I could never spend the money on all the off-road goodies with no intention of ever using them. It also makes me feel icky inside to see mod's that lower the off-roady'ness; so you spend more buying a truck to get the factory off-road bits, then spend more on mods to make the truck less functional. Why not start with a non-Raptor and put a grill and glass on if you just want aggressive looks?

Lifted
Power steps
permanent mounted winch
rack on the bed
20 or 22" wheels (hard to tell)

If it were me, I would look for a closer to stock truck unless they are giving you a great deal on this one. I just imagine the dealer trying to get money for the modifications I listed as though they are beneficial when in fact they should be a negotiating point to get a lower price. The lights are probably good though, so there's that.
I agree but i believe i am getting a GOOD DEAL when i compare it to whats avail.. all the used 2018-2019 raptors i have drove over past -2months have bee stock priced 62-68k with zero upgrades. i saw a few 2017 with over 60k miles in the 50s but drove like crap.. this badboy drives better then all the ones i have handled.. as for price its not cheap at 67k plus tax/tag but in my mid andi have priced out ALL THE UPGRADES and i am at 25k with labor