2019 Raptor Map out of date?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Highpox1

Reaction score
Purchased new in January- the NAV MAP is missing streets that I know are 1-2 years old. How can you determine the age of the map in the latest RAPTOR, and.....how can it be updated? I have the latest SYNC3 3.0 update installed, but for some reason the MAP seems to be at least a couple of years old.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
SatNav is always at LEAST 1-3 years old. It's never current. You can connect your car to your home wifi and then select update from the main screen. The updates include the new maps, if there are any. which there aren't. Only Google Maps/WAZE is the most correct at I think 6 months old as of now. Apple maps is a close 2nd. FWIW, my wife's 2017 Lincoln maps is the same as my 2019 raptors which matches my 2018 Porsche.

R3D2020

Reaction score
How did you get the update via your home Wifi? I’m running Sync 3.4. I’ve tried downloading it multiple times to a formatted USB (FAT32 & EXFAT) without success. When I ask it to scan for updates, it states that everything is up to date. I’m running maps version NA118.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How did you get the update via your home Wifi? I’m running Sync 3.4. I’ve tried downloading it multiple times to a formatted USB (FAT32 & EXFAT) without success. When I ask it to scan for updates, it states that everything is up to date. I’m running maps version NA118.

Maps are not the same as Sync updates; the map updates need to be installed via USB. Ford does not own the map data, which is why they charge for it after the first complimentary update. The USB drive definitely needs to formatted, but I don't recall the spec. It should be provided to you when you download the update from the Sync website.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
yeah, I’ve been to the site, it’s said $149.00 since the first update was out I could get which was like March of 2017. I think the early maps were 2015 era. One nice thing about the cyan labs sync update - 2018 maps.

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to say it was free for 2018+ to get the NA 19 maps. Or like you said with the cyan labs update you should be able to get the updated maps as well