2019 Raptor Live Valve - ORR Damper Interface Device

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
All,

To introduce myself my name is Brian from Off-Road Research. We are an electronic solutions developer committed to overcoming the complex electronic system challenges in existing and future off-road vehicles. Our team has embedded system experience under our parent company for the IoT industry for several years, and has recently expanded to creating products dedicated to the Off-Road Market. To get started we are introducing a series of upcoming products for the 2019 F-150 Raptor Live Valve Platform.

With the introduction of the Live Valve system, aftermarket damper modifications are not as seamless as prior model year vehicles. Once the factory Live Valve dampers are removed, our team has found that the vehicle enters a faulted state. Consequently, Drive Modes are disabled and thus full Engine, Transmission, Anti-Lock Braking, Traction Control, Steering, and Driveline performance is restricted.

To combat this the Off-Road Research team is introducing the Damper Interface Device (DID) as the first product to our portfolio. The Damper Interface Device enables users with full vehicle functionality with aftermarket dampers without any permanent modifications to the vehicle. The device is user installed in five minutes or less and enables full cluster functionality with aftermarket suspension systems. Last but certainly not least, the device is manufactured and assembled in the United States to maintain component quality and performance for the customer.

We have partnered with Corey @RPG Off-Road and his team to help lead retail sales of the Damper Interface Device. He has been a part of the development process since the beginning and is very familiar with our product. We are ready for retail product sales, so please do not hesitate to contact him with any questions.

Further, we're planning a swag giveaway for the Raptor Community! Give us a follow on Instagram and we'll post more information in the near future. We're really excited to be working with the Raptor Off-Road Community and look forward to hearing your feedback!

Thanks!

Brian Ross

Off-Road Research
Web: www.orrsrch.com
Instagram: orrsrch

IMG_5634.jpeg IMG_5589.jpeg

Last edited:

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you Brian,

These are a simple solution that work AWESOME..

This simply plugs into the control module located next to the drivers left foot. It takes longer to move the seat back then to install.

ALSO,
Anyone considering taking an Off Road trip with 2019 up Raptors should order one of these up as a simple insurance policy. If you accidentally rip off a Live Valve Wire or damage a Wheel Position Sensor, the vehicle goes into a limp mode.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So does this defeat the live shocks or allow the user to adjust them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
offroadresearch
Reaction score
So does this defeat the live shocks or allow the user to adjust them?

Brett,

After some in-vehicle testing we found that most external bypass 3.0 kits are still out-performing the factory live valve system Off-Road, even with live-valve adjustments.

As such, we made a device to defeat the factory live valve shocks and enable a King, Icon, or Fox 3.0 series kit.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brett,

After some in-vehicle testing we found that most external bypass 3.0 kits are still out-performing the factory live valve system Off-Road, even with live-valve adjustments.

As such, we made a device to defeat the factory live valve shocks and enable a King, Icon, or Fox 3.0 series kit.

Excellent! I have the Fox 3.0 and will make the transition to a newer MY easier. Thanks!

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We are waiting for product availability before we go live with it on the web site.. should only be a few more days

Reaction score
Hey Brian,

I have some questions for you about the function of the live valve shocks. Do you know what position the shock goes to if it loses power? Do you know what the input specifications are? Full soft, Full firm?