Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

2019 Raptor Intel

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by Jake17, Apr 7, 2018.

1. Pyro1

Pyro1 Member

Lol, they asked I answered.

2. Raptor911

Raptor911 FRF Addict

Hang in there. The Raptor is a nice truck.

And you just learned the most important lesson about Ford ... that Ford dealerships don't know dick about their product. In any business, know your product and you are half-way to being successful.

3. SD1290

SD1290 Full Access Member

It is a nice truck, but the dealer experience is subpar. Wish they would make it better

4. FastEddie

FastEddie Full Access Member

Across their big dealer network, the dealers are probably used to selling CUV's and the like, not $75k low volume specialty trucks. It is what it is. You need to know the product and what you're ordering. There are quite a few tracking resources actually available to the buyer, the chat and on line as well as calling FP. As per message up thread, from the guy about Porsche's, there is much more info on status of these orders than that. In short - Pyro - you need to chill.

FORDnVWPro, cookiehumper and PBR ME like this.
  5. Pyro1

Pyro1 Member

I didn’t even get into how both dealers where trying to charge 80k for the truck from the start. I had to have the owner of the dealerships right hand man at Nissan where I take the skyline tell his gm at his ford dealership they where selling me the truck at mrsp. While ordering the truck the first time the douche bag acted like he was doing me a favor. And he didn’t even know squat about his own product. Sad I had too pull strings to buy a vehicle at msrp. Lol... By the time I went too the 2nd dealership and they knew they just about lost me they where happy too sell me the truck at msrp. And stated themselves they 80k price tag is “ for out of towners”.???? The whole experience is a load of shit thus far. I buy a lot of cars and I know the level of service I should get when spending this kind of money and this is far from it.

6. Carsten

Carsten Member

Guess what day it is. It's Raptor day. Just arrived at dealership.
    YES!!!! Pick it up tomorrow. Can not wait.

IMG_0752.jpg

7. FastEddie

FastEddie Full Access Member

I will agree with you that the dealer mark ups stuff and some of the related attitude is garbage. Dealers do that with limited production vehicles however, when and where they can. Some regions and some dealers are worse than others. From what I see on here, Cali seems to be really bad and some areas in the northeast are as well. There are plenty of dealers who will sell at MSRP, and if you hunt long enough there are some that will deal a bit as well. There is a lot of info on here if you read through it and it might help you in the process. Buying a vehicle shouldn't be painful.

8. PBR ME

PBR ME Full Access Member

You shouldn’t buy one. Simple as that. Go where you get good service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FORDnVWPro and cookiehumper like this.
  9. cookiehumper

cookiehumper Full Access Member

I understand your issues. I personally find out all my own info and go into a dealer telling them what I want. I actually waited until 10/16 to order so the website would update and I could see all the options wanted. Once you drive one you’ll be a very happy Ford customer. My Raptor is my first Ford

10. pierceography

pierceography Full Access Member

Ha, welcome to the party. I ordered in mid-September and my truck is still almost a month out. (That is, assuming no further delays -- I haven't checked in a few weeks out of sheer aggravation)

Ford has some piss poor customer service. But... They make good trucks.