2019 Raptor Hit While in Driveway

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That looks horrible. See if your state lets you file for diminished value. Probably at least a few k there. That’s very generous of the repair shop but I don’t think it’s in their interest to total it and loose the work. I’d watch them closely.

Except that it’s not “also true”

https://www.iii.org/fact-statistic/facts-statistics-uninsured-motorists#Top 10 Highest And Lowest States By Estimated Percentage Of Uninsured Motorists, 2015 (1)

but we don’t need to let those pesky “facts” obscure our discussion.

What is it exactly that's not true? Are you saying the typical illegal who normally doesn't even have a drivers license is somehow carrying insurance?

camo4stealth

Reaction score
That sucks! Sorry for the hassle it's going to be for you. Someone hit my sister's car when it was parked in the garage, and totaled it!

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
What is it exactly that's not true? Are you saying the typical illegal who normally doesn't even have a drivers license is somehow carrying insurance?
It is possible because you can not get your vehicle registered in CA without insurance but you don’t need to be a licensed driver to get insurance, fun fact.

OP
OP
C

Corbin Barr

Reaction score
All,

Long process but the truck is getting squared away. The guy who hit the truck lied to his insurance and they had to do some BS investigation that held repairs for nearly two months.

$15000 in damage

Long story short, I scooped up a lawyer and by the time it all settled out I will end up with enough $ to jump into a 2020, dump all the $ I got back in the settlement into a down payment and have a much......much lower monthly cost.

I'm gonna swing by the shop and install my new disabled Vet tags this week and check progress. Driving my old mans spare car is really starting to bum me out lol.

brianh87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All,

Long process but the truck is getting squared away. The guy who hit the truck lied to his insurance and they had to do some BS investigation that held repairs for nearly two months.

$15000 in damage

Long story short, I scooped up a lawyer and by the time it all settled out I will end up with enough $ to jump into a 2020, dump all the $ I got back in the settlement into a down payment and have a much......much lower monthly cost.

I'm gonna swing by the shop and install my new disabled Vet tags this week and check progress. Driving my old mans spare car is really starting to bum me out lol.

Wow, such a long and painful process... I feel for you. But glad it sounds like it is going to work out ok for you in the end. Still can't really believe that was only $15K in repairs.

OP
OP
C

Corbin Barr

Reaction score
Wow, such a long and painful process... I feel for you. But glad it sounds like it is going to work out ok for you in the end. Still can't really believe that was only $15K in repairs.

Me either, but at the end of the day I'm not gonna care. Long as its safe, and good to go, it's just gonna get rolled in and swapped out.