2019 Raptor Hit While in Driveway

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Corbin Barr

Reaction score
Hey all,

So my wife and I were met by a crap phone call last night from our house sitter....someone had crashed in my Raptor...while it was parked in my driveway!!!!!

We were away for the holidays, and we just returned. The man responsible was apprehended last night as he fled the scene. Apparently he hit my truck around 40mph, pushed it about 12 feet through my yard and the frame looks like a TRAIN wreck.

Starting the prices with the insurance now, and hopefully will be given the clear to start shopping for a new ride soon. Its a little difficult to see in the photos but the front passenger frame is bent nearly to the center of the truck.

20191201_144917_HDR.jpg

20191201_144923_HDR.jpg

20191201_144951_HDR.jpg

20191201_144929_HDR.jpg

20191201_144938_HDR.jpg

TWIIGG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

So my wife and I were met by a crap phone call last night from our house sitter....someone had crashed in my Raptor...while it was parked in my driveway!!!!!

We were away for the holidays, and we just returned. The man responsible was apprehended last night as he fled the scene. Apparently he hit my truck around 40mph, pushed it about 12 feet through my yard and the frame looks like a TRAIN wreck.

Starting the prices with the insurance now, and hopefully will be given the clear to start shopping for a new ride soon. Its a little difficult to see in the photos but the front passenger frame is bent nearly to the center of the truck.

View attachment 133485

View attachment 133486

View attachment 133487

View attachment 133488

View attachment 133489

This SUCKS... sorry this happened to you- hoping that they total it so that you can get a new, undamaged Raptor!!!

OP
OP
C

Corbin Barr

Reaction score
Probably be written for a new frame. Be surprised if they total that.

Ya I just don't know, it's been years since I've been involved in anything accident related.

Hopefully they do total it, but you never know, it'll be up to the adjuster, and if I don't like the outcome, I'll appeal.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Ya I just don't know, it's been years since I've been involved in anything accident related.

Hopefully they do total it, but you never know, it'll be up to the adjuster, and if I don't like the outcome, I'll appeal.

You can choose any body shop you like. I would ask around for the most expensive one around, call them tomorrow AM and tell them what's up, then have it towed over there. Tell them you have to get it out of the driveway due to HOA rules or whatever. Have them give you an estimate if they can, it will hopefully be higher than what the insurance adjuster comes up with. Who knows. I sure wouldn't want my new truck back with a frame swap though.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow, that’s wild! I thought I’ve seen it all but I guess not.

Good luck with the insurance and hope you get a new rig.

bloverby

Reaction score

I hope they total it too, that's the best outcome for you. It will be a simple numbers game for the insurer.

Ford has procedures and parts for both front rails, a front frame clip as well as the full frame replacement. A full frame is around $5,000 + labor. Assuming no air bags deployed, even with the other damaged front end parts it's going to take a lot to total.

Good Luck with your claim. If they have an appraisal clause in the policy use it to get all the money you deserve.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
That is just all kinds of wrong. I’m glad nobody got hurt, and wish you luck with the repairs or replacement.

SKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Horrible, didn't you recently get that truck? Hope everything works out.

Fastback89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm so sad to see that. I would be super upset if that were mine. Hopefully it's totaled and you get a new one