2019 Raptor Coolant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GLF5

Reaction score
I just purchased an off the lot 2019 Raptor in Performance Blue and I noticed that the coolant is Yellow. All of the videos I've seen on YouTube show it as being Orange. The standard F150 manual does say Motorcraft Yellow but the Raptor supplement says Orange.

Is it possible they have made a change or do you think my truck was improperly filled at the factory?

Anybody who's taken delivery in the last month, please check yours and let me know what you've got.

Thanks

FrodoTBaggins88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just purchased an off the lot 2019 Raptor in Performance Blue and I noticed that the coolant is Yellow. All of the videos I've seen on YouTube show it as being Orange. The standard F150 manual does say Motorcraft Yellow but the Raptor supplement says Orange.

Is it possible they have made a change or do you think my truck was improperly filled at the factory?

Anybody who's taken delivery in the last month, please check yours and let me know what you've got.

Thanks

The coolant in my 2019 is pink. My 2017 had yellow. Who knows what's goin on.

2018RubyRed

Reaction score
There's a build date cut off of January 1, 2019. The orange coolant (it looks pink from the factory) is VC-3-B. The high vis yellow is VC-13-G

RaptorMaryland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a Navy pilot friend take my Son to see his F14 aircraft on the ramp in Virginia. My Son noticed green, purple, and red fluid leaks all around the aircraft.

Cool Pilot remarked, oh they must have just serviced the aircraft, thats hydraulic (red), gas (purple stuff), have no clue what he said green was.

Cool Pilot then said, its ready to go, I would fly it.

The Navy retired all F14 aircraft not soon after that.

OP
OP
G

GLF5

Reaction score
I have a build of 2/2019. FYI....I just stopped at a different dealership and looked at one of their trucks. It also was Yellow and has a build date of 2/2019.