2019 Raptor Assault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Heed my advice. You don’t want no friends there. If odd number of participants, u can get in your own truck like I did and drive twice as much.

maybe you could’ve scored a copilot if maybe you’d have showered :)
cheater.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh I did shower. But perhaps it was the baked beans I had for breakfast. :lol:

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got value as a passenger as well when i was not driving. My co-driver and i got along real well and were cracking up at some of the dumb comments being said on the radio. We would bounce things off one another.

My advice is to be very social at the dinner. talk with as many people as you can, and find a personality that fits you. People were not in pairs until we walked out to the trucks. Would have been very crappy to spend 8 hours in a truck with someone i did not like.

Chris Mies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ What he said. ^ I met my co-driver at the hotel before the reception. Waiting until you walk out to the trucks is too late.

docskeet1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is pretty cool that Ford offers this program. When I filled out my survey I asked for jumps so you can Thank me for that new part of the course. Now I have to buy a new truck so I can get back!!!

upload_2019-8-27_18-10-34.jpeg

Thanks! FWIW this was not me, just the best jump pic.

loupuleff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a bummer I missed out on the jumps by a month or two maybe when the big 8 comes out a new truck will be in my future and I can get back there !

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's a bummer I missed out on the jumps by a month or two maybe when the big 8 comes out a new truck will be in my future and I can get back there !

In truth, you missed nothing. The start for the jump is at best 20 yards. They make you do it in Baja mode but 2wd. Thus, it’s very difficult to gain speed. If you mash the accelerator you will spin the rear tires. You get 2 chances. If you do it perfectly, which they claim is 35 mph, your wheels may leave the ground, in fact they will, but you will feel nothing. You cannot tell. The “landing” is so smooth because of the incline and landing ramp you are airborne for perhaps a second or two.

loupuleff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In truth, you missed nothing. The start for the jump is at best 20 yards. They make you do it in Baja mode but 2wd. Thus, it’s very difficult to gain speed. If you mash the accelerator you will spin the rear tires. You get 2 chances. If you do it perfectly, which they claim is 35 mph, your wheels may leave the ground, in fact they will, but you will feel nothing. You cannot tell. The “landing” is so smooth because of the incline and landing ramp you are airborne for perhaps a second or two.
Yeah they are pretty strict but I guess they have to be but what the heck I'd still like to go again beautiful spot there !