2019 Raptor Assault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mp_tx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are staying nearby, can you use the roads they use after or before hours? I saw a video where they turn off a paved road for the "desert run."

Is that available to be used without them?

With your rental car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With your rental car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But of course.

No, I'm actually driving out to Utah, second time doing so, in my Raptor. My wife will drop me off in the a.m. and pick me up end of day. But I'd love to take her on their path in case I'm too dumb to find another.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you are staying nearby, can you use the roads they use after or before hours? I saw a video where they turn off a paved road for the "desert run."

Yes, once you drive off the facility, the rest of the "courses" are public roads. The short course, hill descent, articulation course, and the 30 degree thing they do are on-premise. IIRC, everything else is on public land.

rsbug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this true? Why would a random company do this? Who's paying for the staff?
That’s just what the staff reported to us. That facility use to be privately owned, but another company has taken it over. The only Raptor vehicles Ford provides are the instructors.....noted by the Michigan plates, otherwise they’re Utah registered. The have about 900k invested in just the trucks. I too wondered how they’re paid and who supplies what. Also wondered why you can only attend if you’ve purchased a new raptor within 1year.

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

As stated...other than the short morning portion at the Miller Motorsports Complex...the rest is all on public lands.

We did hear a funny story of a guy who drove his own brand new vehicle to the class. After the class (and perhaps a stop at the bar) he went back to the "desert run" location where he promptly rolled his truck. Haha!

Seriously though, there is a lot of great terrain all around the course location...and being able to run it at your own speed (translation: faster) is definitely worth exploring.

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also wondered why you can only attend if you’ve purchased a new raptor within 1year.

Number one is that there are a limited number of spots and they all fill up. This is primarily an "owner experience" designed to improve customer knowledge and capability with the goal of increased brand loyalty and purchase satisfaction. There are a few ******** who choose to own Raptors...but for the most part you are attending with other like-minded, fairly agreeable humans. The last thing you want as FoMoCo is to have your premium truck buyer's experience ruined by a bunch of FRaptor ***** who pony up for one day of driving a real vehicle.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Actually not

The instructors said they run them for 30k miles and need to do almost nothing but oil changes and some flat tires

They trucks are just doing what they were designed for.
Haha sure. Maybe not broken but definitely heavily beat on. I have had plenty of off road trucks and shit just gets worn out.
The guy that rolled it as the story goes had his pedal commander turned up all the way and when he touched the gas the truck floored it and went over on a steep hill.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Another reason my pedal commander sits in my closet. Lol