GEN 2 2019 Overlanding Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

amREADY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not really. The rack is ~85lbs, tent is ~120lbs, and the rest of the gear is ~50lbs - about the same as having two adults sit in the back.

I imagine I add anywhere from 100-200 extra points once I’ve loaded it all up with gear/food/etc.

I just did some quick math on mine:
Overhaul rack and bars 75 lbs
Autana 3 Ruggedized tent 200 lbs
RetraxPro XR tonneau 100 lbs
So, I'm at 375, 400, if I include awning before I've loaded my first marshmallow or beverage for camping.

ARB cooler 50 qt unloaded - 50 lbs
Aux battery 50 lbs
Recovery gear (varies on the trip) 50-100 lbs
Water 50 lbs (approx)
Camping gear 50 lbs ish depending on trip.

Tools, toys, misc.. not included in above:
600 ish for a minimum of a week trip. Food and any extras probably put me at 700.

For some lighter/shorter/easier trips, I probably land closer to 500 all in.

No tent/awning or camping gear - retrax, rack and aux battery is all, otherwise unloaded - 225lbs.

Right now I am running stock rears, but need to upgrade to deavers +3 or icons.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Right now I am running stock rears, but need to upgrade to deavers +3 or icons.

Did you level it? I did this to my stock truck and it didn't squat:

OK, I loaded up for a week of warm weather camping with one other person and pulled out the tape measure.

Empty, half a tank of gas, 38F/36R, front was 40.5"P/40.25"D, rear was 42.25"P/42.375"D

I loaded the front seats with 182D + 187P = 370
The back seat saw cooler@110+water@185+tools@40+clothing/shoes@45 = 380
The bed at or in front of the axle got a cooler, cook gear, a cot, tent, chairs, grill, jack, and gas for 250
The bed behind the axle got the table, food, a cot, packs, and sleep gear for 180

The grand total was 1180lb, 220lb under the load limit of 1200+200 for the driver.

The front sank only 0.5", coming in at 40"P and 39.875"D
The back sank about 2", coming in at 40.25"P and 40.5"D

I was surprised that the front didn't sink more, since 1000lb of the load was between the axles. I was happy to see that she was roughly level with that much load, as I hate the squatty look.

amREADY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you level it? I did this to my stock truck and it didn't squat:

I am stock front and rear on a 2019. With more than 300 lbs - and approaching 600 lbs or more some trips - it does squat. It feels fine to drive, but I do notice some loss of rear travel in rougher trails, but nothing harsh. And I am not 'racing' it when loaded for bear like that either. The biggest problem is the loss of clearance and rear departure angle.

I haven't done anything with the front - collars, eibachs, etc. That would just magnify the squat. When I do the rears, I'll look at the fronts to see what I might want to do to complement them as I want them to work as a system. It'll need some thought.

Vegas_Sirk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im stock on my 2019 as well. I have a set of Deaver HD+3 and Eibach springs for the front that will go on. My big debate is if I want to go with 37s or not as not sure I want to deal with the pinch welds and other requirements. Im not as worried about the fenders as with an overland build the truck will not be getting jumped at all.

321raptor

Reaction score
with an overland build the truck will not be getting jumped at all.

why not? :cool:

would also recommend taking a look at helio muro's youtube channel, he's been documenting what it really takes to run 37s...its a lot more cutting and modification than you may anticipate whether jumping the truck or not

Vegas_Sirk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why not? :cool:

would also recommend taking a look at helio muro's youtube channel, he's been documenting what it really takes to run 37s...its a lot more cutting and modification than you may anticipate whether jumping the truck or not

Yea, I have watched most of his videos. There are some things that I disagree with, but its been informative for sure. I would personally run KO2 or KM3 tires as they are smaller and would only stick with the 12.5" width. He is running the Nitto in the 13.5 widths which are heavier then the stock wheel and tire set up and wider. I would also switch my wheels to a higher offset then the current zero offset I have on my fifteen52s and the methods he has. The trade off is keeping stock upper arms, but for overlanding the balljoints might actually be better then uniballs. I would still have to do the pinch welds and there still would some other issues.

Peck299

Reaction score
Where are you stationed?

I got two pairs of the Built Right risers with Quick Fists

https://www.builtrightind.com/products/builtright-industries-quick-fist-clamp-riser-mount

Or you can just get the Quick Fists from Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000CQPANY/

I am in San Francisco right now, Looking to transfer in a few months. Thanks for this info, I looked on Amazon but wasn't sure what they called that to search for it. I just need the mounting piece to go to my 2" tube rack.