2019 New to Me -- Maintenance Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bubbles560

Reaction score
Hi All -- First post here, have loved the Raptor line since it came out and just purchased a 2019 801a with 32k miles on it. Love the truck and it feels great, runs great, etc. (outside of the low gear sketchy shift that folks seem to have). I bought the truck from a non-Ford used car lot who has a decent reputation but not the best. Based on how the truck is running, how it sounds/feels and the gauges are reading everything seems fine, however I don't have too much trust in the service provided prior to sale.

My question is, do you recommend I go to a certified Ford dealer and/or a "Raptor Expert" shop right away, or trust that the above means the truck is just fine for now. I am happy to spend money to make sure it lasts, but don't want to waste money that isn't needed. For some reference, below are the noted services from CarFax:

• (2020, 10k miles) Manufacturer Customer Satisfaction Program issued
    • Program #21N08 PCM REPROGRAM DUE TO ENGINE SHUDDER
  • (2021, 23k miles) Manufacturer Customer Satisfaction Program issued
    • Program #21N03 CAM PHASERS
Would appreciate insight you may have here and look forward to using the truck for what its worth. Will post pics as soon as I get a chance!

Thanks!

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@FordTechOne knows those programs very well. Nothing wrong with going to a dealer, just check out their reviews and see if it coincides with your expected service. It's usually a bit more expensive at Ford, but it appears you may still be under warranty. It might not be a bad idea to have a service done by Ford to get you up to spec and then source a Raptor/Offroad shop for other maintenance items. I know a few shops in Santa Ana and into LA, but not your area. Lots of members from SD though, so hopefully they chime in.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF.

It would never hurt to have a buyers inspection done at a Dealer that gets Raptors. They know what to look for and gives you some insight into its past.

Now post up some pictures of that beautiful Prius.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
3 responses? It took 3 responses for you lot to even think about pictures?
200.gif

we could have a purple prius pilot here! ;-)

OP if you have the moon roof, make sure it gets a healthy dose of Ford’s Krytox grease on the glass to rubber contact and always pop to vent position FIRST before moving the glass to the rear.

Even if you are a competent wrench turner, get a 2nd set of eyes on the truck from a competent mechanic to check the vehicle over thoroughly. We all miss stuff. get an idea if any major things may have been done or if it needs anything imminently.

Then go enjoy the truck.

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3 responses? It took 3 responses for you lot to even think about pictures?
View attachment 354195

we could have a purple prius pilot here! ;-)

OP if you have the moon roof, make sure it gets a healthy dose of Ford’s Krytox grease on the glass to rubber contact and always pop to vent position FIRST before moving the glass to the rear.

Even if you are a competent wrench turner, get a 2nd set of eyes on the truck from a competent mechanic to check the vehicle over thoroughly. We all miss stuff. get an idea if any major things may have been done or if it needs anything imminently.

Then go enjoy the truck.
Late arrival, Lemme do the honors

8uACutL.jpg

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That’s what I’m talking about! @MurderedOutSVT for the win.

2019... @FordTechOne does he need to check for the oil consumption / valve cover issue? I don’t recall the MY affected.
Build date cutoff for the valve cover PCV issue was 4/1/2019. Even if it was built after that, it’s a good practice to check the engine oil periodically. Owners manual states once per month.