2019 Live Valve Delete?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Corbin Barr

Reaction score
Hey all,

Newbie here and entry level rider at best, first Raptor (came from the 2500 market)....

My question is simple, can the Live Valve system be disabled for use with the older Raptor shocks?

I'm big on simplicity and I've read that if the valve system malfunctions it can leave the truck in a "limp" mode until addressed. This is not an option for me as many work sites I'm on are remote and not accessible without a 4x4.

I've been attempting to search this topic but it doesn't seem like a lot of info exists on the Live Valve system yet....any help is appreciated.

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We have installed quite a few. Whats your question?

Off Road mode and all of the other modes still work.

OP
OP
C

Corbin Barr

Reaction score
We have installed quite a few. Whats your question?

Off Road mode and all of the other modes still work.

I guess my only question was answered that all the modes still work. I'm assuming with the system bypassed it allows the use of any aftermarket shocks/struts that fit the Raptor.

Now I've just got to educate myself on my different year range options that work with the gen 2s.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a weird concern and unless you're replacing the amazing live valve shocks with something better totally not worth it.

OP
OP
C

Corbin Barr

Reaction score
It's a weird concern and unless you're replacing the amazing live valve shocks with something better totally not worth it.

Purpose built for different mentalities. I will not allow my rig to leave me stranded in the middle of nowhere because of an electronic shock. My opinion for my truck.

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Purpose built for different mentalities. I will not allow my rig to leave me stranded in the middle of nowhere because of an electronic shock. My opinion for my truck.

I’d recommend a 200 series Land Cruiser or LX570 then. You’re buying the wrong rig if BFE reliability is #1.

Not bagging the Raptor as I have a 2019 and love it, but my wife drives a 2013 LX570 with 85k miles and if the Zombies attacked, our family would hop in the LX even though it has 80k more miles than my Raptor. ;)

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score

LMAO...Never seen an issue with shocks stranding people. It's a silly concern but I agree it's your ride and your worry and you should address all your concerns. Are you considering run flat tires, ECU or TCU delete? Do you carry spare ujoints? Curious if you have spare parts that are far more likely to fail and strand you? How far do you take it? Genuinely curious as worrying about shocks stranding you is so far out in left field from reported problems it's a whole new thought process I've never considered.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
I guess my only question was answered that all the modes still work. I'm assuming with the system bypassed it allows the use of any aftermarket shocks/struts that fit the Raptor.

Now I've just got to educate myself on my different year range options that work with the gen 2s.
2017-2018 fox factory upgrades or king 3.0 would be the most common upgrade from stock. Stock 2017-2018 fit and can be found for a good price second hand on here or eBay etc.