2019 live valve buzzing issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

13screw

Reaction score
I have a loud buzzing sound coming from the right rear shock on my 19 raptor. The sound and vibration is coming directly from the shock valve solenoid and also is warm to the touch. I've done research and seems few have had this issue. I contacted my ford dealer and they sent in a warranty claim but said the shocks on the raptor are usually not covered and considered "wear and tear". I think that's a bunch of bs as this is a solenoid issue thats not allowing the shock to function properly.
Anyone have this issue or a spare rear live valve sitting around lol

SDIWAYNE

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have a loud buzzing sound coming from the right rear shock on my 19 raptor. The sound and vibration is coming directly from the shock valve solenoid and also is warm to the touch. I've done research and seems few have had this issue. I contacted my ford dealer and they sent in a warranty claim but said the shocks on the raptor are usually not covered and considered "wear and tear". I think that's a bunch of bs as this is a solenoid issue thats not allowing the shock to function properly.
Anyone have this issue or a spare rear live valve sitting around lol
It is completely normal for a Solenoid to buzz. It is an electromagnet. you are hearing the pull tube vibration.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If one solenoid is significantly louder than the others and is found to be faulty, it can be serviced separately from the shock. The shock does not even need to be removed from the truck.

OP
OP

13screw

Reaction score
Rear shocks replaced under warranty. The buzzing sound was so loud you could hear it going down the road. Not a typical solenoid sound.

Reaction score
If one solenoid is significantly louder than the others and is found to be faulty, it can be serviced separately from the shock. The shock does not even need to be removed from the truck.
Any information on how to service a solenoid? Ive replaced two so far. I have a few in the garage that no longer work and would love to service them if possible

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any information on how to service a solenoid? Ive replaced two so far. I have a few in the garage that no longer work and would love to service them if possible
I was referring to servicing the solenoid as replacing it separately from the shock, I don’t believe the solenoids themselves are serviceable. Sorry for any confusion.

Dawgfan77

Reaction score
Same here. right rear buzzes so loud that other people in the parking lot at work can hear it. Have found little info on it. Only seems to happen at low speeds after touching the brakes, but is consistent on the daily. Subscribed!

al415

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 2019 has started making the same noise… Until I stumbled on this thread an hour ago I figured it was the fuel pump.