2019 live valve buzzing issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dawgfan77

Reaction score
well, that is conformation to me. Mine only does it in quick 1 second busts, but thats definitely it! I find it hard to believe that its not "servicable" as previously stated. Most solenoid valves are to a certain extent, if you know what you're looking at. True, the solenoid portion is just a coil, and once bad always bad. But the sound is probably chatter of the valve shuttle shifting repeatedly, or the squeal of the fluid being forced through a partially open orifice, or dead-heading because of the shuttle not fully seating. The fact that we all have some sort of an electronic force happening (the buzzing) makes me think its not a dead solenoid, only the inability of the valve to go where it should. I'm on vacation this week, but im gonna dig into mine when i get back

ORTrux

Reaction score
Any updated, curious to know what this issue is coming from.

It's 100% the solenoid and it looks like this is going to be a common thing as these trucks age. Mine just started doing it and it's only getting louder. I had Ford swap on a set of like-new take offs last year and so they were the last ones to wrench on the shock assembly and would have reinstalled the solenoids then. At any rate, they tried to blow it off a couple weeks ago as a non-issue but it wasn't as loud. Now once the solenoid warms up you can hear it from 20 feet away - I took it through a touchless wash the other day and the guy working the gate thought I had an upgraded fuel pump. I'll be going back and doing the funtime dance with service trying to explain to them how a deafening buzz from something that should be silent is not nominal behavior for a warrantied part. I'll report back how that goes.

desert_spool

Reaction score
Did you
It's 100% the solenoid and it looks like this is going to be a common thing as these trucks age. Mine just started doing it and it's only getting louder. I had Ford swap on a set of like-new take offs last year and so they were the last ones to wrench on the shock assembly and would have reinstalled the solenoids then. At any rate, they tried to blow it off a couple weeks ago as a non-issue but it wasn't as loud. Now once the solenoid warms up you can hear it from 20 feet away - I took it through a touchless wash the other day and the guy working the gate thought I had an upgraded fuel pump. I'll be going back and doing the funtime dance with service trying to explain to them how a deafening buzz from something that should be silent is not nominal behavior for a warrantied part. I'll report back how that goes.
did you ever get the solenoid replaced? Was that the issue? Mines buzzing like crazy.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you

did you ever get the solenoid replaced? Was that the issue? Mines buzzing like crazy.
my rear solenoids went bad so i replaced them (was b getting the harness out and on) and the buzzing remained the same but they function. My eclik makes them louder but it seems for me the new sound the same as the old. Only reason i knew they went bad cause i had intermittent stiffness in the ride which then turned to full stiffness all the time.
I did think my fuel pump was goin bad when the eclik was on lol.

WireNutz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here my E-click makes them louder then stock. Noticed it cleaning's out the bed after a dump run and the truck was running. If I unplug the E-click and go back to stock there is hardly any sound from them. Took me a little time to trouble shoot it as I thought it was my fuel pump at first. And SDI said the increase in sound is normal as they operate the system faster than stock.